A day at the Range Hi Point out in front.

Discussion in 'Gun Reviews and Range Reports' started by Photo35, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Yippee, Yippee what a day this Sunday at the range with the Hi point C 9.
    I put on my Hi Point hat and Hi Point tee shirt and went to the local range here in Tucson AZ. While I normally Just shoot as this is the local range where I am a member, Today I wanted to view people reaction to Hi Point. Some had blank stares and some even ask me if that gun shoots. I just Smiled. Thinking of the Video Hitchcock 45 did on the C9 that was just posted to show to review. ( He is biased but that is another story) Anyway I loaded up 4 magazines, three 8 rounder's and one 10 rounder. I started at the 30 Foot mark three round just to sight in the point of impact. All grouped within 2 inches and from the center of the target 4 inches right and low about 3''.
    I realize that my sight picture was off and needed to realign my sight picture is and where I was looking. The next three moved over to center and all where 3" groups. After rounds I was able to shoot to the point of aim anywhere on the target in 3- 5" groups. For me with my dusty old Hi Point C 9
    I was happy. To my aw There were a few guys looking at my shooting. One Said that he was looking to see how the C9 worked and to have some fun when it screwed up. He said that he was impressed and was now not to quick to criticize a Hi Point again. I ask if he wanted to shoot the C9 and he tried 8 rounds and was a better shot than I. He said "Thanks" and was a convert to Hi Points. Low cost on target and just plain fun. Thanks fellas it was fun I replied.

2. good to know that the range time went great..:cool:

3. lsi1

lsi1 Member

thats nothing i once saw a Kimber fire off almost a full magazine without a failure.

no seriously good range report.

4. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Now, that is just asking for "IT"!!!

5. lsi1

lsi1 Member

I wore my hipoint shirt to a concert the other night. i've also worn that same shirt with a glock hat and people are so oblivious they don't even notice.

6. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    One thing about Hi Points is that if you do your part, they'll do theirs. The sceptics, if they have never witnessed it, will change their minds quickly. My JHP45 impressed the lookers-on when I took it on its first trip out, too.

7. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

That's true of any firearm. ;)

8. Think1st

Florida
    That's not entirely true. No matter how well you do your part with a Glock, it will either fail you by shooting way too high, or it will blow up in your hand. At least, that's what I heard on the Internet.

9. lsi1

lsi1 Member

you forgot that 1 out of 3 crack their frames. Luckily for me i only own 2.

10. Think1st

Florida
    Me, too. It's a good thing that the third one in our house is my wife's. She can still buy a second one and be safe.

11. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Just my luck! I'll have to give some to my daughter so they will be ok.

12. lsi1

lsi1 Member

sorry for the bad news but was handed down the word from another forum member who is completely unable to ever be wrong. One time he thought that he might have been wrong. Chuck Norris got on his private plane to come tell him that was in fact his mistake.

13. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Love those kinds of stories...never ceases to amaze me. :)