Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The P32 has served me well as a BUG for two years now, and as the occasional uniformed companion. I really enjoy shooting it when I can find US spec primer ammo, as a used Gen 1 model, it could probably use a hammer spring replacement, but works so well w/ RN FMJ US ammo (& Fiochhi) I am loathe to do anything to it. It could use better sights, and Innovative Arms have long offered a really nice sight upgrade for the KelTec pocket pistols & their outright clones. However, w/ shipping, $200. Oh, and I have a Gen 1 slide, so need a Gen 2 slide off eBay for $70 - so we're @ $270 before I get in line to wait for months.

OTH, Bud's has Ruger's LCP Max in .380 for $360, in a more capable cartridge, three more rounds in the mag, and comes from the factory w/ decent sights. LCP Max .380
And, there is all of a single KelTec P32 on GunBroker right now, starting for $400 - so there's a reasonable possibility I could make money on the swap.

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
(Enabler voice) Go for the Max. Go for the Max. Go for the Max. :D
I'm tempted every time I pick one up.

·
Premium Member
21,613 Posts
I ran about 50 through my Max so far. Rear sight is crooked. I'll fix that. Ruger makes 10 and 12rd mags. Get the MAX

1 - 3 of 3 Posts