Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my bro-in-law tells me a few weeks ago that he is going camping with some friends and wants to borrow the 995 and the mossy. i'm sorta nervous about the mossy, but letting him borrow the 995 was no problem, thanks to the security of the warranty. anyway, i say sure. so the day he is coming to pick them up i ask him if he has any ammo. normally i would just give him some but my supply is limited and i'm still having trouble finding it at a reasonable price. he says, "no i havent looked". so on my way home from work i stop by the LGS and pick up some overpriced blazer aluminum. when he gets to my house he says "my buddy got some 9mm, so i don't need any" so now i am up 100 rounds. i couldn't really afford it, but still, its nice to have an excuse to buy it.

so he comes back from camping and tells me the charging bolt fell out of the 995 while he was carrying it and he didn't notice. he says he retraced his steps and found it, but thinks that there may be a piece missing. i inspect the gun, it looks good. the bolt is there as well as the little piece that allows you to hold the action open. he also hands over 140 rounds of WWB. he says they bought 3 boxes at WM and they only used half of it, so i could have the rest. score. on top of that, they didn't even use the mossy, so its still clean and shiny from when i cleaned it last week.

so my question is, other than the actual charging handle and the little piece i mentioned, are there any other parts i could be missing? i cycled a mag through by hand and then dry fired it and everything seems to be alright. i'm just afraid there is some tiny little washer or something i could be missing.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
As far as I know, thats it. All there is, is the bolt and the sleeve. Theres no washer or anything that goes on that spot. If it cycles fine and dry fires, I dont think theres a problem, plus they did use it. If anything ask the bro in law why he thinks somethings not there, seems he might not be telling you the whole story?

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as I know, thats it. All there is, is the bolt and the sleeve. Theres no washer or anything that goes on that spot. If it cycles fine and dry fires, I dont think theres a problem, plus they did use it. If anything ask the bro in law why he thinks somethings not there, seems he might not be telling you the whole story?
its very possible, he's not the most reliable person. if there was a problem with the Mossy, i would have pressed him a little on it. but with the 995, i plan on sending it back to Mom anyway soon, see if i can get the TS retrofit.

and yeah, "sleeve" was the word i was looking for. thanks

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Yes that is correct, I just got my 995 back from mom. I left em a note with my 995, they called me back and said the TS stock would be 50 dollars. I didnt have it to spare or else I wouldve.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.