A Full Sized .380 ACP

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by HiPointArmorer, Jun 13, 2014.

1. HiPointArmorer

HiPointArmorer Member

WA
    and get this...its a Jimenez. Jimenez T-380, its not even listed for sale on their web-site, yet I have been seeing them for sale at gun shows. The main reason I want this gun is because I had a new Jimenez JANine that I bought for my ex-wife. It was at a gun show i liked the price and thought it would be a good starter pistol for her to get her into firearms. It was the satin finish she picked and it worked flawlessly. I thought it was a good gun for the money but I think 9mm was too much for her, that and her small hands couldn't fit the massive pistol grip. Yea it came with double-stack mags but at the price of shooter discomfort. Needless to say I sold it so she could get new clothes and her nails done.
    Well it looks like they fixed this issue, with the T-380. Im getting this new one for myself. Single stack mags allow for a much thinner grip profile, and the .380 ACP doesn't kick as much as the 9mm allowing for better accuracy and user-control.
    Would be primarily a range gun and home-defense, automobile, no carry. It looks to be just about a perfect match for me and magazines are relatively cheap from the factory. My only concerns are ammo price, availability, and using .380 ACP as a primary defensive round.

T-380 Not to be confused with JA380

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What .380 will do to a 150 pound wild hog:
    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u6-9VXiBDw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u6-9VXiBDw[/ame]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  2. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    When you can see the recoil spring from outside the firearm, that's not exactly a "good" thing.

3. HiPointArmorer

HiPointArmorer Member

WA
    Why not you can see it on Glocks although not as noticeable.

4. That gap is quite common on a lot of handguns.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

5. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    None of mine.

6. Aside from a lighter bullet, a .380 leaves the pipe with more MV than a .38 Spl. That's always been an attractant for me with the .380acp.

7. bluebone

bluebone Duke of Sarcasm Member

I've got the JA9 and I've never liked the grips on it. The size is fine but it bites into the heel of my thumb when shooting. Not comfortable.

8. RobbK

RobbK Member

I own a bryco 59 in .380 acp I keep it to remind me why I will never ever purchase another.

9. When I first starting shooting Glocks I found them uncomfortable. Yea because of the boxy grip they did make the heel of my thumb numb. I got used to it, but still not happy with the grip. So far my only complaint about them, but they cost me a lot more than your JA9.

10. bluebone

bluebone Duke of Sarcasm Member

No doubt there. I think I paid $125 for it new about 14 years ago.

11. I wouldn't be worried about the .380ACP I have never had to use mine on a person, but i did shoot an injured deer in the head with one. and it did the trick. Shot placement is important, and the lighter recoil will help keep the womens involved. I have 2 .380's and i love them. my only complaint is the cost of ammo. and lately it has disappeared like 22LR

12. Not2ManyGuns

Not2ManyGuns Member

I never liked the front to back length of the grips on Generation 3 and earlier Glocks. I also thought of them being too boxy.

I do like the redesigned (less boxy) grips on the Gen 4 Glocks without having any of the supplied back strap extensions installed. I find that the stippling of the Gen 4 grips is an improvement too.

13. HiPointArmorer

HiPointArmorer Member

WA
    Well the gun show isnt til next weekend so i got a few days to think about it. Im pretty sure im getting one.

14. That's a perfect reason to get a Springfield Armory XD instead.

15. HiPointArmorer

HiPointArmorer Member

WA
    Very interesting information on the company Jimenez on that thread. Sounds like a soap opera the way the daughters of Bruce Jennings got sole distribution rights with there inheritance lol. I gotta say they are smart, the whole idea of "Shining Star" they own is to control distribution, but I hear that's going to change soon.

16. HiPointArmorer

HiPointArmorer Member

WA
    Luckily ive been having good luck at Wal-mart, I caught on you gotta show up there at 6:30am before the FFL employees get there. The buy up all the ammo and then sell it for a higher price in their stores.

17. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Walther PK380 is great as a medium to small 380acp pistol. Nice grip, some recoil(more than my C9) but not intolerable. I have been getting 380acp at WalMart too, been easy to find up here plus if you really need some SGAmmo seems to carry it all the time http://www.sgammo.com/product/aguila/50-round-box-380-acp-auto-aguila-95-grain-fmj-ammo-ams380 somewhat dirty but otherwise okay ammo. Accurate enough for self defense and plinking. All their 380acp ammo http://www.sgammo.com/catalog/pistol-ammunition/380-auto

18. HiPointArmorer

HiPointArmorer Member

WA
    Be honest does anyone think these are dangerous guns prone to malfunction?