Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so let's try this again to get everyone down for a shooting meet in Ohio. Last time it seems I was too vague and short noticed for all of you. So let's start this by getting your availability. What days can you do this and how far in advanced would you need to be sure you can make it? Also what things are close to you in terms of shooting ranges/ wherever else you may shoot? I personally have a pretty flexible schedule as I am a server and could probably free up my schedule within a week. I shoot at Deer Creek and occasionally a couple of other places around central Ohio. So let's get this going.

P.S. Mods can you sticky this for me again?

·
Registered
39 Posts
saturday or sunday would work for me...I haven't yet been to deer creek but it's not overly far from me, Big Darbey is decent but busy on the weekends with 2-3gun shoots.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Im just out of Columbus in Lancaster, keep me posted Im down for about anywhere in central Ohio.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Why can't we meet in Kansas? It's in the central part of the US, you know the old saying...."meet me half-way"

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Im just out of Columbus in Lancaster, keep me posted Im down for about anywhere in central Ohio.
hey, i used to work over in bremen :D. the fiberglass factory. superior fibers? still there? still operating?

it paid good for 6 years ago, starting wages at 9.46. albeit it was boring as hell...

i'm down for the meet, but to me it seems everybody is still giving everybody the run around. if you ask me that's what makes it hard to organize a meet. "when's everybody available", "what days" .

truth be told it isnt going to be perfect. so just pick deer creek park or whatever it is and set a date. not to far in the future but close enough to give everybody ample time to prepare.

me, i will PROBABLY come. last time i said without a doubt, but, my plans changed. lol...

i'll bring some beer and boolits, lets meet up people.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
True. But that's what I did last time and it didn't work out to well. So let's do Deer Creek. I'm thinking the last Saturday of September the 26th. So Saturday, September 26th at 10 am at Deer Creek. Let's do it. I'll be there.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
True. But that's what I did last time and it didn't work out to well. So let's do Deer Creek. I'm thinking the last Saturday of September the 26th. So Saturday, September 26th at 10 am at Deer Creek. Let's do it. I'll be there.
alright, the date place and even the time is set. bring your tents tits (if you have a set on a female next to ya) beer boolits and personalities.

·
Registered
39 Posts
do people need to get a state park permit of some kind to shoot at dear creek?

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes you can get an annual permit which is $24 a year or you can get a daily pass which is $5. Either one of these can be purchased anywhere you can buy a hunting/fishing license.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Sounds great, I should have no problems being there.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
anybody have a chronograph they could bring to the meet??? if so we could get some definitive answers of pistol and carbine fps and we could also do some "long range" shooting if we wanted to.

keby, you have pics of the range? how many "yards" does it incorporate?

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
i tried to edit my post??? oh well, i'll just post another lol....

is there anywhere to do some clay pigeon shooting? if so i could bring quite a few. and shells...

it's up to you all on how much we bring and what we do...

·
Registered
398 Posts
I'll try to be there for sure. Work and weather permitting. I'll wear my HP hat. 8)

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
It's on my calendar! Hopefully my C9 will be back and fixed by then, but I've got an XD-M 9mm and a Pheonix 22, Mosin 91/30 and maybe some other goodies that I will bring... and share if shared with. :D

Crap, now I have an excuse to stock back up on ammo... will anybody be bringing horded 9mm to sell for $9/10 per 50?

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
R1100 the range has a 25 yd pistol range and than a 50 and 100 yard rifle range. I may have pictures of the range. I'll try and post later tonight.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Well Ive got a few .22s, a .17HMR, and of course the JHP. Now this is gonna be fun!

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
if anybody on the forum coming to the meet can draw really good in a short amount of time i have a fun drill for everybody :D.

we just need somebody to draw up zombie targets and i'll bring plenty of cardboard.

also, if somebody spots some good deals on ammo i may be able to buy a couple boxes off of you lol...

·
Registered
855 Posts
Ill see if I can come up with some zombie pics to print out. Should be pickin up some more ammo in the next few days. Im really lookin forward to this.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
how big can you print out the pics??? i'll start setting aside cardboard from work. i can get thick stuff, thin stuff big stuff little stuff. we can make this fun guys lets not let it crap out this time lol.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.