A Great American Has Died! Charlton Heston: Rest in Peace

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by NDS, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

NDS, you were not a big fan of his were you?
    C-H-A-R-L-T-O-N- -H-E-S-T-O-N... I'm so glad you aren't engraving the tombstone! :lol:

From the Associated Press:
    LOS ANGELES - Charlton Heston, who won the 1959 best actor Oscar as the chariot-racing "Ben-Hur" and portrayed Moses, Michelangelo, El Cid and other heroic figures in movie epics of the '50s and '60s, has died. He was 84.

Heston spokesman Bill Powers says the actor died Saturday night at his home in Beverly Hills with his wife Lydia was at his side.

Heston revealed in 2002 that he had symptoms consistent with Alzheimer's disease, saying, "I must reconcile courage and surrender in equal measure."

[​IMG]

With his large, muscular build, well-boned face and sonorous voice, Heston proved the ideal star during the period when Hollywood was filling movie screens with panoramas depicting the religious and historical past. "I have a face that belongs in another century," he often remarked.

2. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Oh crap,
    Guys,
    Now, the government can finally take his rifle, from his cold dead hands.

...*runs and hides*

3. elguapo

elguapo Guest

I will drink a beer for him tonight.

4. Ridge

Ridge Member

"Its alright, son! Its your right as an American citizen!"

In response to being accidentally shot by Joe Swanson on Family Guy...

5. That was MY President...RIP bro...:(

[​IMG]

6. I liked all his movies and will miss him very much. Rest in Peace.

7. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=O0B_UZNtEk4[/ame]

8. griff30

griff30 Member

Rest in peace.
    At first a liberal, then his eyes were opened.

9. this is indeed a sad day....i liked him. RIP sir.

10. Best line yet, holding a rifle clutched over his head at a NRA conference...

"FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS"

11. p7196

p7196 Guest

RIP. He fought the good fight.

12. reluctanthawk

reluctanthawk Member

Iowa
    True American. He always stood for civil rights, The second amendment just reinforces our means to protect all others. God bless and rest in peace sir :cry:

13. neothespian

neothespian Member

One of the greatest Liberal Gun-owners and a skilled actor.... He had an excellent run, and I for one plan to pop a copy of "The Omega Man" into the laptop for a little late night downtime entertainment in honor of the man.

Ironically fitting that the DVD will be sitting in my workbag which has my C9, my computer and my Equity union certification manuals for Stage Management. Technology, theater and firearms: All things the man help secure for the common man.

14. Fitting neo, very fitting indeed.

15. Damn...Moses is gone. God rest his soul

16. "...it's people!"

"...you blew it up!"

He always ended with some kind of drama, y'know.

17. RIP sir you will be remembered for a long time by gun owners everywhere.