Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

A lesson to bad guys on Home Invasion...

1K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  squidbilly 
#1 ·
http://www.kvue.com/news/top/stories/090409kvue-san_marcos_home_invasion-am-cb.148a3aa16.html

SAN MARCOS -- San Marcos police say the residents of a home acted in self-defense when one of them opened fire on a group of intruders overnight. The alleged invaders were teenagers, and two of them were killed.

The incident happened shortly before 2 a.m. Friday on Chestnut Street on the west side of San Marcos.

Police say four teenagers -- three of them are 16-years-old, the fourth a 17-year-old -- broke into the house.

Police say the resident who shot the intruders heard the men breaking in. He came out of his bedroom with a pistol. Police say the teens were armed with a handgun and two pellet guns. One of them aimed at the resident. The resident fired first.

"I just heard what sounded like a loud noise. I didn't think it was a gun shot at all. There was like six or seven sounds, the same thing over and over real quick. It was loud enough that it made," said Jason Locascio, neighbor.

One of the 16-year-old intruders died immediately. Another died later at Central Texas Medical Center. The third 16-year-old remains at University Medical Center Brackenridge with serious injuries. The fourth ran away.

Police say the victims are from Luling. Detectives say the 17-year-old who ran away came back a little later to check on his friends. That's when officers arrested him. He's facing charges of aggravated robbery.

"I just…I don't even know how to think about it, because its like the two 16-year-olds don't get to wake up this Friday morning, but at the same time, they shouldn't have been trying to break-in," said Hillary Stogsdill, neighbor. "Four 16-year-olds from Luling. What were they doing all the way over here? How do we know that couldn't have been happening to any one of our houses."

Officers collected bags of evidence from the house including the front door which appears to be what the intruders used to get inside.

"It's completely a mix of emotions. Like one of the guys next door is one of my best friends," said Stogsdill. "These guys are like the sweetest guys I've ever met."

It remains unclear why the teens came up from Luling to break into the San Marcos home. Police haven't determined whether any of the men knew each other.

"It's scary because it's in my neighborhood. I'm less than a block away. You just never know. In like a college town everybody feels safe," said Emily Bradford, neighbor.

Police say three residents were home when the shooting happened. One is a Texas State University student. The other two are not students. None were injured in the home invasion. It's unclear whether the intruders fired any of their weapons.

No names are being released right now. Police say they are still investigating.

See less See more
#2 ·
Good job by the home owner ,i dont care how old someone is , if you come in my home at night ,you are underarest or dead. get a job. you punks
i have worked my whole life , and have been layed off since may ,you think you are goin to take what little i have left , hell no.

#3 ·
I agree, if somebody I don't know forces their way into my home(night or day) chances are they won't be walking out.

But at the same time it's sad, I mean...I don't give a shit about the kids. I just think it's sad that people are turning to crime so often these days. Maybe it's the economy, maybe it's greed...maybe they were homeless and hungry, who knows.

#5 ·
Hate to hear this but with every action comes and equal and opposite reaction. Yes its terrible that this hasp happened, but I think most of us would have done the same.
About a month or so ago, my cousin who is a bar owner (home attached to the bar) had a break in while he was asleep. The guy knocked on the door continuously until my cousin answered the door. The intruder forced his way into Bradleys home repeatedly tasering him and forcing him on the bed. The intruder demanded all of Bradleys $$ and pulled out a gun and pointed it at him. Bradley reached into the lock box next to the bed where he kept some $$ stashed, along with his 357. He pulled the money out in his left hand, the 357 in the right and double tapped striking the intruder once in the chest, and once in the eye-killing him. The gun turned out to be a cap gun with the plastic tip colored to appear as a real gun. I will try to find the link and post it later on.

#6 ·
Come into my house with ill intent and you'll either die of lead poisoning or from lack of blood.

#8 ·
That's one of my greatest fears, that'll I'll have to shoot someone justifiably in defense and it'll turn out to be a kid. Even if the situation demanded it, that would be very difficult for me to deal with afterwards.

I've considered making a yard sign to the effect: "the only thing in this house worth stealing is the gun I shoot thieves with."

-'b

#13 ·
If you leave my house in a body bag because you entered with ill will, natural selection has proven it's worth. I may not want too.... I will not hesitate!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.