A little help please ?

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Biggunz, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Having difficulty posting an avatar. Keeps telling me the file size is to big. Tryed also using photo from photobucket that I had resized to avatar size, but still not working. Can some one please give me a quick run down on how to create an acceptable avatar for the forum. Thank you much !

2. IF you made the size correct in Photobucket, you're probably selecting wrong link.

In PB, under the pic you want to use, select the DIRECT LINK box - when you select it, it will COPY.

Go to your profile, PASTE the link in Avatar section in the LINK to OFFSITE AVATAR box (it's the bottom one).

That should do it.

3. Newskate.... You ARE the man !! TY for the help, much appreciated.

4. I'm having trouble getting an avatar now. I've tried using one from Photo Bucket and when I past the link and update the page nothing happens, no avatar, no message of error, nothing. I can change the personal quote text but can't seem to get an avatar. Any help please?

5. Corelogik

Corelogik Member

Can you post the link to the one you want to use?

6. I think so...

Ok so that didn't work. Maybe this one?

Nope...This one?

[​IMG]

Ok the one with img worked. That is the photo I'd like to use for now. How's a guy get it as an avatar though?

7. 47_MasoN_47

47_MasoN_47 You know who I am Member

8. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

I just did it, be sure to hit the "Change Profile" at the bottom of the page. ;)

9. Well it is showing up today. When I was doing it I made sure to check the correct box and put the URL in place but no dice. Now the box that showed No Avatar went away last night but no picture was in its place. It is today so all must be just fine.

10. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Wildman, did you not read my reply to you?
    "I just did it, be sure to hit the "change profile" at the bottome of the page."
    Just putting the link in there will do nothing, you have to hit change profile.

11. Well, my avatar is all stretched out and I can't get it back to normal.
    Don't know whats up with that.

12. Strangerous I had clicked the change profile tab. I might not be a computer whiz but I'm not that dense, lol. As I mentioned the empty box would disappear but the picture would not appear. Whatever the deal was I have no idea but I did indeed click the proper tabs. Thanks!

13. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Just going on what I observed and did, I'll get with our digital Jedi and see what the deal is. I've looked at your permissions, and choosing your own avatar is an option you have. I apologize if my reply came off as me calling you dense, but on my screen that button is only visible if i scroll down a bit... was hoping you didn't see it. Back to the drawing board is guess? :)

14. Corelogik

Corelogik Member

Your avatar measures 79px wide x 48px high. The space for an avatar is 80x80. Since your avatar is to short to fill the space, it gets stretched to fill it. It's stretching it a little bit side ways too, but it's such a small amount, you don't notice.

15. Corelogik

Corelogik Member

All I can think of is that maybe you were using the
    Code:
    [img]
    tag to try to insert it, you can't use BBCode anywhere in your profile except the signature. You have to have the actual URL. In any case, it appears to be working now.