Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
New kid on the block here so please forgive what might be a simple question. I have been given the parts of a sorely abused Model JC .40 S&W. It appears to be complete with the exception of the grips and magazine. I have sourced some cheap grips on ebay so that is done but my main question regards the assembly. When I got it the counterweight pivot pin was hanging in the magazine slot. It seemed to me that it should be orientated to the rear of the pistol and when I messed with it, it seemed to fit perfectly under the sear assembly. Is this correct?
My second question was to the availability of a magazine. I have scoured the four corners of the internet in vain and even Iberia don't have them. Then just before coming here I took one more desperate visit to ebay and there it was! posted this morning.
So I am into this HiPoint for $37 ($10 for the grips and $27 for the magazine) and that seems pretty fair to me.
Anyway if anyone has any tips or hints I am happy to listen and in return, when I get this thing firing I will lets you know.
Cheers
Dave.

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
It seemed to me that it should be orientated to the rear of the pistol and when I messed with it, it seemed to fit perfectly under the sear assembly. Is this correct?
Yes. It goes under the sear pin.

Reactions: fatal-bert33

·
Registered
9 Posts
Greetings,
New kid on the block here so please forgive what might be a simple question. I have been given the parts of a sorely abused Model JC .40 S&W. It appears to be complete with the exception of the grips and magazine. I have sourced some cheap grips on ebay so that is done but my main question regards the assembly. When I got it the counterweight pivot pin was hanging in the magazine slot. It seemed to me that it should be orientated to the rear of the pistol and when I messed with it, it seemed to fit perfectly under the sear assembly. Is this correct?
My second question was to the availability of a magazine. I have scoured the four corners of the internet in vain and even Iberia don't have them. Then just before coming here I took one more desperate visit to ebay and there it was! posted this morning.
So I am into this HiPoint for $37 ($10 for the grips and $27 for the magazine) and that seems pretty fair to me.
Anyway if anyone has any tips or hints I am happy to listen and in return, when I get this thing firing I will lets you know.
Cheers
Dave.
Give this a try for magazines
https://hi-pointfirearms.net/product-category/accessories/magazines/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts