Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.I was browsing a local gunshop this weekend.I noticed several Hi Point pistols in the display case.I really liked the way the .45 felt.I could have walked out the door with it for 197.00.I have had no experience with a Hi Point pistol.My first question is was that a fair price for a .45?Secondly,how does it hold up as far as reliabilty and accuracy?I am really considering buying this handgun and I would appreciate any information or advice you could give me.Thank you.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
You can do better on the price. It is not terrible thought.600 rounds through my hi point 45 and not a single problem.And it is accurate.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Prices run from $169 up. Really all over the board depending on your location.

I have the JHP 45acp. I've put 1200 rounds through mine with zero problems. Paid $169 for it last November.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Around here you can get them on sale for $159. Hi Point list the price at being $186. I love my .40 and find it to be very accurate.

·
Registered
79 Posts
yeah sounds a little high, but not terrible. $169 is great. Liked my .45 so much had to by a 9mm too, after my buddy bought a 9 and my dad already had a .45, and guess what? not a single problem in the bunch, gotta love em.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
I paid $189 for my 45. I have had it for 2+ years and never had any issues with it.

Yes they are accurate.

Pop cans at 25 yards are an easy target. There are others hear who can shoot the Hi Point pistols at 100 yards. I have tried hitting a pop can at 50 with my .380 and got 2 out of 10. So I still need to work at it.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Not a bad price. I got mine for $187.00 & I know the guy jumped his prices up $10.00 on all his guns so that's on par with your price.

Other than the first few rounds I haven't had any problems with mine. Only have about 100 rnds through it though.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
A little over-priced, but not too bad. Very accurate, very dependable. A little on the heavy side, but a lot of fun to shoot.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
A little over-priced, but not too bad. Very accurate, very dependable. A little on the heavy side, but a lot of fun to shoot.
I actually tried the .45 in my IWB holster for my Ruger P95 & it fits great, even better than my P95 does. It doesn't conceal too well with the extended magazine. I figure I'll carry it as a "Backup Gun" when I think I need to.

Just think about that, a JHP .45 as a Backup Gun!!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I actually tried the .45 in my IWB holster for my Ruger P95 & it fits great, even better than my P95 does. It doesn't conceal too well with the extended magazine. I figure I'll carry it as a "Backup Gun" when I think I need to.

Just think about that, a JHP .45 as a Backup Gun!!
A JHP.45 would make a great backup gun for a S&W 500. :laugh:

All kidding aside.

$197 is a bit high. My LGS is $160 + tax. I'm also looking at getting the .45 and trying the 1911 mag mod. Or lose the battery pack as others have done.

Walt

·
Registered
235 Posts
don't be a tight butt!! the gun's worth 200.00, show me another .45 you can find new with really a lifetime warranty for that kinda money?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts