A Little String Time!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Hermitt, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

So yesterday it really felt like Spring Time, so I took my bow out for a little bit of String Time! :D

@ 40 yards.....

Attached Files:

2. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Does your old lady know you used the sofa cushions as a backstop? :rofl:

3. Hermitt

LOL... Yep, that is an old sofa that one of our dogs tore all the fabric up. It was just sitting out in the yard/weather, so I put those cushions to better use! :nahnah::splits:

4. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Judging by the pattern on the fabric, she probably got pissed he didn't shoot flaming arrows at it.

5. Hermitt

Actually, at one time, it was a very nice antique sofa. (victorian era) The fabric pattern was correct for the vintage. It also had some beautiful mahogany wood framework, but it would have just cost too much $$$ to have it reupholstered.

6. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Heck with arrows I ran 90 rounds through the AR-15 today and 100 22lr in the ruger 10/22

7. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Hell, that is a better group with arrows than most Kimbers. :rofl:

8. Hermitt

The best thing about shooting the bow, is that you can keep re-shooting the same arrows over and over for free instead of burning up hundreds of dollars worth of ammo..... :p

9. Hermitt

I'll tell you what.... that 10" paper plate is pretty darn tiny when you're looking through a little peep hole at 40 yards away! :eek:

I did shoot through one of my arrow fletchings tho..... :mad:

10. Rachgier

I can't use a peep sight. I've got a pretty rock solid anchor so I just use the pins. My BIL is the exact opposite. He can't shoot without it.

11. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Unless you're an idiot like me, and shoot two broadheads at the same target...... And cut a 10$ arrow in half.....

12. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

I used one.... But I always locked in under my cheekbone with my trigger finger, so I think I could do it without it.

13. Rachgier

I have a kisser button set to hit the tip of my nose and my anchor is my thumb under my jaw bone.

Once my new phone finishes updating I'll post a target picture.

14. papataylor

papataylor Member

Bo Jackson is a big fan of the kisser button. He prefers to chew on his though.

15. Rachgier

I can't remember if this was 30 or 40 yards out. Probably 30.

[​IMG]

16. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Very nice, Rach.

You've got things tuned right with your arrows...see how the cock feather is always in the same orientation, within just a few degrees? Very consistent.:)

17. Rachgier

Thanks, I went a bit OCD on my arrows. I spent a lot of time research draw length, draw weight, spine stiffness, grains per inch, head weights, fletching style, fletching length, you get the picture. WAY too much research. I thought long range shooting and reloading were a bit tedious with note taking. Now with 5 bows and 3 different types of arrows in the house, I have yet ANOTHER notebook to keep up with.

18. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

My reloading books are rapidly being filled with notes around the calibers I shoot.