Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and look forward to reading all the great info. Last weekend I went to my local gunshop looking for my first handgun. I have shot alot of hand guns that were owned by family and friends but never owned one myself.I was looking for a 9mm for home D. The shop owner let me take a few models out to the range to try but I could not decide on a 9mm.The owner asked what I wanted to use the hand gun for and I said for home D. he then handed me this strange looking thing and said I should try it. So I took this thing out to the range loaded the mag and took aim and WOW could this handgun shoot it was a Hi-Point .45 I was so impressed I bought one right there. I got the OD Green and look forward to shooting it for the first time this weekend. Any suggestions would be great. Hope this isn't to long. HAPPY SHOOTING EVERYONE

·
Registered
258 Posts
Welcome, one of the best things you can do is fully load your mags and keep them that way. Also don't buy a large quantity of any one type of ammo until you make sure it feeds well.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx for the info. I bought a box of independence 230 gr. fmj box of fifty this is all they had. Any expirence with this ammo with Hi-point .45?

·
Registered
249 Posts
My first HP was a .45 also... liked it so much I went and bought another the next week. After that, well, it just keeps going... ^-^

Not familiar with Independence ammo..

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Lots to see and learn from the nice folks here. I hope you enjoy your JHP as much as I like mine. Keep pushin lead!

G

·
well welcome...im still kinda new but i am addicted to this forum now.. :x but it will answer every question you have hahah this is my turn to place.
welcome again

·
Registered
282 Posts
Oh Boy are you in trouble. Hi Points are like eating potato chips.......you can't stop at just one.

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
:welcome:
njoy!

G

·
Got myself an OD green JHP too. Havent shot it yet but plan on during my CCW class. ^-^
hmmm...shooting in you ccw class. weired or maybe im crazy but they didnt let us shoot during my class :p hope you like your JHP though. tell us what you think.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I shot a jhp .45 for the first time today and was extremely impressed. My wife, sister and sister in-law also shot it without any problems- which I found even more impressive.

what sucks though ... that ammo is crazy expensive and now even hard to find. We blew through at least $30 in 10 mins.

G

·
I shot a jhp .45 for the first time today and was extremely impressed. My wife, sister and sister in-law also shot it without any problems- which I found even more impressive.

what sucks though ... that ammo is crazy expensive and now even hard to find. We blew through at least $30 in 10 mins.
geeze! how much is a box of 45 where you live.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Got myself an OD green JHP too. Havent shot it yet but plan on during my CCW class. ^-^
hmmm...shooting in you ccw class. weired or maybe im crazy but they didnt let us shoot during my class :p hope you like your JHP though. tell us what you think.
WOW they didnt let you shoot? The class I'm taking said we have to qualify with a revolver and semi auto. 50 shots each. If I'm paying $125 and sitting for 8 hours I'm shooting!

·
Registered
40 Posts
welcome ram,
i just got my first hp45 acp and love it...in fact im looking for another one for my wife.

G

·
WOW they didnt let you shoot? The class I'm taking said we have to qualify with a revolver and semi auto. 50 shots each. If I'm paying $125 and sitting for 8 hours I'm shooting!
wow. no in my class it was all gun safety and how to be cautious. my class was only 50 bucks. and i live in a small town/city in utah.... pretty open gun state but the smaller cities are kinda strict with guns.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Shot my .45 for the first time had no problems it was fantastic. I also went back and bought a 995 plan on taking it to the range this weekend.

·
Registered
126 Posts

geeze! how much is a box of 45 where you live.
The only place I could find .45's is at a gun shop here in town for $26 per 50pc.
I lucked out and found .40's at walmart (by far cheapest place in town, but are never stocked) for $18 for 50pc.

We shot quite a bit of both and I put 5 rounds through my mosin. It took longer than 10 mins though ... ^-^

G

·
ah i see nice. well at least youve got ammo :p hahah but thats not to bad of a price for 45. but yeah WM ussually has way cheap but good ammo i tend to get Blazer brass.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.