Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've told myself the last couple years I would buy a Hi-Point pistol if the price was under a hundred and condition was respectable. I wanted to try one out just for fun. Well I had my chance today, walked into the local gunstore and there was one in nice shape for $79!!! Even came with the original (I think) Tupperware box!
Living in Ohio, I also figured I needed to buy a firearm made in my State.
Here are some pics:
IMG_20210707_175430515.jpg
IMG_20210707_175446849.jpg
IMG_20210707_175516300.jpg
IMG_20210707_175351328~2.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,736 Posts
Howdy, new guy! Nice looking .40 I like the slabside, personally, and the smoother finish. Got a JHP .45 and like it a lot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm looking forward to trying it out.
I noticed last night that one of the grip screws is slightly too long as it scratches the magazine when it's pushed in or taken out. Easy fix!

·
Premium Member
35,833 Posts
That box is cool, I have one for the old 9mm I have.
Great price, the old alloy guns are smooth shooters.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks ajole. I thought I did well too.

I went to the range today, shot my M1 Garand on the rifle range side . I brought the 40S&W with me, loaded the magazine and did a function test. Long distance for a pistol but happy to say no hiccups at all and am very pleased.

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
Thanks ajole. I thought I did well too.

I went to the range today, shot my M1 Garand on the rifle range side . I brought the 40S&W with me, loaded the magazine and did a function test. Long distance for a pistol but happy to say no hiccups at all and am very pleased.
That one you picked up there is interesting indeed! Glad it ran good for you. Welcome to the site! ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you for the welcome!
I have my name in for a 1911a1 with cmp and my number is coming up - maybe next week. When I get it, I'll hit the range and bring the Iberia along. Maybe run 3 or 4 magazines worth of cartridges thru it and give it a much better workout.
Kim

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Welcome. Great caliber, got one in 40 myself.

Just so you know. That being an old model, HP won't honor the warranty due to age and parts not being made anymore. IF, however HP does have a part on hand, they will send that part to you, but you're on your own.

Ebay will be best bet for finding older HP parts now. You'll fine everything but the serialized frame if anything is available.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Delbert. It will see some range time but not sure how much. I have a number of other handguns and rifles which I rotate. I guess what I'm saying is that I won't be running thousands of rounds thru it such that parts breakage or wear will probably be minimal. But it is nice to know I potentially have options if I do need a part.

·
Premium Member
9,336 Posts
Nice looking 40. Welcome to the forum.,

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've told myself the last couple years I would buy a Hi-Point pistol if the price was under a hundred and condition was respectable. I wanted to try one out just for fun. Well I had my chance today, walked into the local gunstore and there was one in nice shape for $79!!! Even came with the original (I think) Tupperware box!
Living in Ohio, I also figured I needed to buy a firearm made in my State.
Here are some pics:
View attachment 73358 View attachment 73359 View attachment 73360 View attachment 73361
Hi it looks nice! I have. 9 did duracoat on it(left over from doing an AR) and it looks better than it did…..what surprised me is how heavy it is

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks!
Since these guns are so inexpensive, I imagine it is fun to experiment with them like what you did with the finish. No matter how it turns out, no guilt afterwards.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts