A Note from MOM

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by hypnodoc143, Feb 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hypnodoc143

hypnodoc143 Member

Chris Divine posted the notes he got when he got his pistol back from mom the other day... He posted these on the Hi Point Armory facebook sight and the Hi Point Pistol Caliber Carbine facebook sight.

I can't give you the links or I'll have to kill you.. No wte a minute I ment I can't give you the link because it goes to a face book fourm that is closed... Soooooo here you go,..............

Mom said "We will not warranty firearms with aftermarket parts". He had a Joey trigger on it and they took it off and put oem on. They kept the Joey trigger. They highlighted it in pink...

Mom said don't use wwb ammo because it's not consistent in length of ctg.
    Mom said don't use wolf or tulammo because they have lacquer coating.
    The warnings were printed on pink paper.

Mom's getting feisty...lol

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  2. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Dead links, content unavailable.

3. talon

talon the banned wagon

Links may broken or expired its saying for me.

4. thundercroozer

thundercroozer Supporting Member

The Pistol Caliber Carbine page is a closed group,, I believe that you have to be a member of the group to see discussions,, and I believe the same on the Armory page..

5. BobboJama

BobboJama Member

SWFL
    dead links for me too

6. hypnodoc143

hypnodoc143 Member

I edited my post and deleted the links because they directed you to a facebook forum that's a closed group. The initial post tells the story...

7. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

The Joey Key chain is not a approved gun part....
    So they can't ship it back to you if you're so "smart" to send it in with a key chain installed.

8. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I'm not going to look for it, but I swear someone said they sent one in with a keychain installed and it came back loose in the box with a factory trigger installed in the gun.

9. SWAGA

I remember that too, but they did take it out.
    Maybe they mailed it with this one too but it got thrown out with the packing paper.

10. talon

talon the banned wagon

Wont warranty firearms with aftermarket parts.....i cant see why anyone would send in thier gun with non-factory parts installed for repair anyway, you wouldn't take your car to the dealer and expect them to do basic engine repairs if youve installed an after market supercharger.
    As for the specific ammo, someone brought that up before, but wouldn't post the actual notification. Ive yet to see it, in writing from MOM, and until i do, I dont believe it.

11. Define aftermarket... Trigger, mag release, compensator, sling, sight, rail, fore grip? Confused.....

12. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Anything that didn't come with the gun. And if it came with a scope, red dot laser remove it before you send it to mom. They do not need it to fix the gun.

13. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    I have to agree with the ammo caution. I have had wwb trouble in 22mag, 38spl, and 9mm. And had trouble with wolf when I had my SKS.

14. SWAGA

Which is curious as an SKS is made to shoot all kinda steel junk ammo.

15. monsterdawg

monsterdawg Member

True da WWB issues!

16. hypnodoc143

hypnodoc143 Member

I wish I could copy the pictures he took of the notes/warnings but i can't figure out how. Nothing I try works. BUT, it's there trust me.

I shoot nothing (for the most part) but Tulammo in my 995's. Have had NO PROBLEMS in any of the carbines. In fact, here's an ammo alert I just posted on the face book Hi Point forum.

I buy ammo from TargetSportsUSA.com and I'm subscribe to their weekly email list... They just got a supply of 9mm Tulammo in.... FREE SHIPPING on bulk orders.... I just ordered another case, 1000 rounds for $199.00... That's 20 cents a round... My 995's eats it up and no problems with accuracy at all... I get 3" groups at 50 yards from a bench.
    For those that are going to bash Tulammo save your comments unless YOU'VE tried Tulammo in YOUR 995... Again, I have (3) 995's and they all eat Tulammo up... Additionally I use Tulammo STEEL case ammo because I can pick up ctgs with a shop magnet... Kind of like standing up swiffering the grass...WINNING...

17. hypnodoc143

hypnodoc143 Member

When I first joined this forum I posted a question asking about aftermarket stuff when sending a weapon back to mom. What I was told was take the stuff off and send it back with only oem parts. A few long time forum members agreed... sooooo I have a zip lock bag of the oem parts i've replaced for each carbine... Some people say that taking the carbines down is a pain in the butt... I can't see what they are talking about... To me it's a piece of cake... I wouldn't want to strip it down anywhere but at home BUT I would if the need arises...

18. talon

talon the banned wagon

Thats exactly the answer the last person said too "trust me....but I can't post pics.....". With all the long time members here, owning multiple HP's someone else would have seen it and posted it.

I use WWB and Tula both in my 4595ts, and in other guns including my Kimber Ultra Carry, and have never had an issue. My 4595 has broken 5000 rounds.

19. I've not found ANY brand of ammo that my 4095TS won't take, WWB included. t's regular diet is once fired brass reloads from LAX AMMO. Until I can see it in person from MOM, eh...whatever

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  20. hypnodoc143

hypnodoc143 Member

TALON... Explain to me your comment about my post again... Sometimes I have a tendency to misinterpret a comment...Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.