Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you guys shot more than one pistol at once?? what are your thoughts on it. I have done it a few times down at the farm with my buddies c9 and my c9 comp. Still observed all safety rules, but I wanted to get your guys thoughts on the subject.

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
i did just for fun. very difficult to shoot that way, but lots of fun. LOTS of ammo wasted. i was horribly inaccurate.
I think as long as you maintain you safety rules you're all right. Its a good way to remind yourself that movies are, well, movies.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I think anyone with more than one handgun has tried this..lol. Me personaly yea, was a waste of good ammo. Try both hands, then each hand at a time. You will be surprised.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I never tried that before. I never thought about it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I wish there was a C9 around so i coud pick up a second one and shoot them both!

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Tried it.... utter fail.

Couldn't hit jack. That and I had put a .40S&W Taurus in my off-hand, which didn't help considering the C9 was in my dominant hand.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You really cant hit a thing really, but it sure is dun to do when just blasting.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I did it last time I was out shooting. JHP in one hand and C9 in the other. Fun but not accurate at all :D

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I have yet to find a range here locally that has that allowed. But I definitely want to try it someday.

·
Registered
107 Posts
We used to do this all the time when we were plinking at the gravel pits when I was in college. I've fired two 1911's at the same time, two Desert Eagle .357's, Ruger 10/22's, and even two Mini-14's. Accuracy suffers, but you put more lead down range faster. I would think of this more as a cover tactic, although it's probably really just a waste of ammo. It is fun though!

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Me and my friend did this at the range this past week with two 92FS. Needless to say you wont drill anyone right between the eyes but at 15 yards and 30 rounds I sure wouldn't want to be on the receiving end.

G

·
I'm right handed, but left eye dominant, so I switch back and forth between shooting right & left handed. I'm about equal either way, and the only way I could shoot two 9mms at the same time with any success was to literally fire them both at the same time. Rapid firing didn't work at all.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I've done this with .22 LR pistols, .45 ACP's, .380 ACP's, and .357 Magnum revolvers. Is it the greatest for accuracy? No. Can you be PRETTY accurate with it? Yes! I've found that alternating between firing both handguns at once and firing one handgun after the other is the best way to ensure that an area the size of a medium waste basket at about 25-30 yards is blanketed with bullets. In this way, you are kinda using two handguns similar to a shotgun; in other words, you try to fill an area with as much lead as possible in a fairly evenly-spaced pattern to try and hit your target.

At about 35-40 yards this area opens up to the size and width of a door frame (at least for me). Beyond forty yards, I wouldn't reccomend trying to be accurate with this technique. It just isn't stable enough to place bullets properly beyond those ranges. Although, if you're just blasting it can be kinda fun... 8)

Jag

·
Registered
107 Posts
With the recoil system it seems to like hotter loads than not. Some cheap .357 ammo that we bought at Cabela's last summer would only cycle the action every other round or two.

I've never fired the .50 so I can't offer any comparison with that. Ammo is cheaper. Also, the recoil is very manageable. It's a little difficult for my friend's wife to pull back the slide, so it's limited in its practicality for home defense (for his family). Also, even the .357 is a big pistol, a lot of steel hanging off the end of your hand, so it helps if your glove size is XL.

Here are some two gun pics, one of me shooting a Ruger P-85 and a 1911. The other is my buddy shooting a Mini-14 and a Mossberg 500, and then two DE .357's. These pics are back from 1990, hence our youthful glow!

Note the cartridge casings in the air and the determined look on my face. And, yes, that is a Big Trouble In Little China shirt.

Shorts, no shirt, and a gunbelt, the height of gun range fashion.

Note that I don't recommend this as a safe practice. We were young and dumb back then, but somehow we survived. :-[

1 - 20 of 30 Posts