Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has KelteK subcompact subcompact 9mm. He tells me that it has been stovepiping. Does anyone have any suggestions about what can be done about this?

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
That only depends on if the gun is blowback operated. If it is, then the shooter is probably limp wristing the weapon when he's firing it. That's the first thing I'd suggest he correct. Make sure he's holding it firmly and locking his wrist when he shoots. He needs to let his arm and shoulder take the recoil not the wrist.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
www.ktog.org

send him here. Good group of folks there too. It's not another HP level of forum....... but they're very helpful!

G

·
A friend of mine has KelteK subcompact subcompact 9mm. He tells me that it has been stovepiping. Does anyone have any suggestions about what can be done about this?
What is he shooting out of it? Can it be cycled by hand? Will it eject rounds by hand? And is this a P11? Also I would not waste any time I would get a call into Keltec ASAP

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
www.ktog.org

send him here. Good group of folks there too. It's not another HP level of forum....... but they're very helpful!
Well, it couldn't be on the level of this forum. I mean, there can only be one "best".

Thaqnks for all the suggestions. I think he was limpwristing, but I'll let him know your suggestions.

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
That only depends on if the gun is blowback operated. If it is, then the shooter is probably limp wristing the weapon when he's firing it. That's the first thing I'd suggest he correct. Make sure he's holding it firmly and locking his wrist when he shoots. He needs to let his arm and shoulder take the recoil not the wrist.
Couldnt said it better my self.........maybe thats why your admin............anyways prime is right alot of people limp-wrist kel-techs without realizeing it because of the size and i guess i shouldnt say just kel-tecs but alot of compacts. Or so has been my experiance.

G

·
Couldnt said it better my self.........maybe thats why your admin............anyways prime is right alot of people limp-wrist kel-techs without realizeing it because of the size and i guess i shouldnt say just kel-tecs but alot of compacts. Or so has been my experiance.
As an FYI the Keltec P11 is not blow back :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts