Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got into a conversation with a friend of mine, and he said he has a Hi-Point 9mm carbine he never fired.

I took a look at it, and it's an "A" serial number. He said he's been in his safe for YEARS; he thinks he paid less than $100 for it when they first came out.

I remember reading that there were problems with the "A" serials, but don't remember what they were. I am making him shoot it this weekend :) so I would like to know if I need to duck for flying parts when he shoots his.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have owned 2 with "A" serial numbers and have not had any "flying parts"! You should be fine...but then again we all know that no 2 HP's are ever the same. So maybe take an extra step back and wear your eye protection...j/k

You should be fine

·
Registered
84 Posts
Got into a conversation with a friend of mine, and he said he has a Hi-Point 9mm carbine he never fired.

I took a look at it, and it's an "A" serial number. He said he's been in his safe for YEARS; he thinks he paid less than $100 for it when they first came out.

I remember reading that there were problems with the "A" serials, but don't remember what they were. I am making him shoot it this weekend :) so I would like to know if I need to duck for flying parts when he shoots his.

Thanks!!
I've got an A serial Hi Point that won't hold a zero for more than three shots. I guess that counts as a problem. I've got the ATI stock on backorder (I think the problem is in my stock) and we'll see if that fixes it. If not, it's going home for servicing.

Also, the A series is harder to strip down. To get the action out of the stock on most 995s, there is a retaining clip you move at the back. On A series carbines, you don't have the clip; you have to drive a roll pin out with a 1/8 punch.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks!!
I've got an A serial Hi Point that won't hold a zero for more than three shots. I guess that counts as a problem. I've got the ATI stock on backorder (I think the problem is in my stock) and we'll see if that fixes it. If not, it's going home for servicing.

Also, the A series is harder to strip down. To get the action out of the stock on most 995s, there is a retaining clip you move at the back. On A series carbines, you don't have the clip; you have to drive a roll pin out with a 1/8 punch.
I'm not sure what you mean by hold a zero....??

·
Registered
222 Posts
holding zero means that the sights are set to hit right were you aim and should do that everytime you shoot. Sometimes when a gun is moved around a lot and if you have a scope it can move around a bit. The next time you go to shoot it will not hit the same place. Its not holding zero...

thats were the phrase "zeroed in" comes from.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
holding zero means that the sights are set to hit right were you aim and should do that everytime you shoot. Sometimes when a gun is moved around a lot and if you have a scope it can move around a bit. The next time you go to shoot it will not hit the same place. Its not holding zero...

thats were the phrase "zeroed in" comes from.
AH!! Thank you so much!! I'm always learning.....

·
Registered
84 Posts

Thanks!!

I'm not sure what you mean by hold a zero....??
Yeah, unfortunately, the point of impact shifts every two or three shots. I'm guessing a busted stock; the stock on mine is a bit wobbly in places, and it's kind of halfway split down the centerline of the pistol grip. I've got an ATI on the way, and we'll see how she shoots with it. If it doesn't shoot right, she's probably getting a trip back to the mothership.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.