Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
514 Posts
Buy it. You'll love it. Just an older generation. They still have the lifetime warranty. I assume you are looking at a used carbine, so (if the price is right) buy it and immediately send it home to Mom for a complete breakdown and repair. You'll basically have a new gun shipped back to ya.

cheers,
Kyu

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
tell them your havin problems with it and that you need it checked out that way they will completely take the gun down go through it and send it back to you with a new box and a new mag to boot.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Through strange occurences, I ended up with 2 995's within a week. One was an E-series (I believe the newest generation) and the other was an A-series. I decided to keep the A-series and sold the E-series to a buddy. They are both great shooters, but the A-series felt a bit smoother to me. The E had a better finish, which makes sense, but they both did what they were supposed to do without any issues. I would have been happy keeping either of them.

My A-series is now at BeeMiller getting a workover. It's been slow because of the holidays, but I hope it'll be back in my hands by the end of the week.

You can't go wrong with these guns!

·
Registered
168 Posts
If it works do not lie just tell them that you bought it and would like them to check it out for you to make sure it is in good working order.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Thanks for the reply!

As far as getting your 995 back within the week I wouldn't count on it since HP is actually off for their Holiday Break until Jan 5th.
Dangit! I was afraid of that. They've had it too long already and I'm getting antsy.

What's with all these folks not having to work for 2 weeks in a row? I need to get one of those jobs...

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Hi-point has the best customer service I have ever encounterd.

Lets try not to take to much advntage of them and try not to send in a working rifle. It just seems rude to clog up the CS with already functioning rifles when there are some that really do need repairs but thats just my take on things.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey everyone. New guy here. I looked around for new 995 for a month locally and couldn't find one. Found a good deal at a local show weekend before last and picked it up. Turns out it was an A series (A05xxx), and looked to have been around the block a time or two. I took it home and fired a couple rounds through it just to make sure it was functional. It was. Anyway, I called Hi-Point the following Monday and told them I'd just picked up the 995, what should I look at to make sure it's safe, etc. The tech asked me for the serial number, I gave it to him, and he said definitely send it to us to be checked out. Mine was one of the first units built it seems. He also suggested I send any mags I had so they could check function on those as well.

The tech said they would go over it with a fine-tooth comb, replace whatever it needed, and send it back with an extra mag.

I sent it last Monday. It's in their hands now. What great customer service. I think they like looking over early models to not only ensure proper function, but to also see how everything holds up in the field.

The only downside is I STILL don't have one to shoot!

KM

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Hey everyone. New guy here. I looked around for new 995 for a month locally and couldn't find one. Found a good deal at a local show weekend before last and picked it up. Turns out it was an A series (A05xxx), and looked to have been around the block a time or two. I took it home and fired a couple rounds through it just to make sure it was functional. It was. Anyway, I called Hi-Point the following Monday and told them I'd just picked up the 995, what should I look at to make sure it's safe, etc. The tech asked me for the serial number, I gave it to him, and he said definitely send it to us to be checked out. Mine was one of the first units built it seems. He also suggested I send any mags I had so they could check function on those as well.

The tech said they would go over it with a fine-tooth comb, replace whatever it needed, and send it back with an extra mag.

I sent it last Monday. It's in their hands now. What great customer service. I think they like looking over early models to not only ensure proper function, but to also see how everything holds up in the field.

The only downside is I STILL don't have one to shoot!

KM
Sorry to hear but it will be completely worth it! I am still amazed from what I heare witht heir customer service. Those guys must be some pros to tear-apart, rebuild and send back!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi-point has the best customer service I have ever encounterd.

Lets try not to take to much advntage of them and try not to send in a working rifle. It just seems rude to clog up the CS with already functioning rifles when there are some that really do need repairs but thats just my take on things.
If you ask questions on repair or maintenance then you will be told what to look for and how to keep up with the rifle, but they also suggest sending it in anyways. So hey as long as their offering why not.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
H P has No problem if you send in a used weapon you just bought to have them check it over and maybe upgrade it if needed. THAT is one of the many indearing graces of this fine company and a great line of products they make. :) Just don't make up stuff just to try to get several free mags from them as THAT IS pushing it a bit thin :mad:

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
So...are you a A Series carbine owner?

I need to do some research on the different series carbines but I'll stop myself from hijacking your thread. Can't wait until I finally pick one up!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've had my A series for a long time and never had any issues with it still works great with unknown thousands of rounds through it. some times I almost hope it has an issue so I would have an excuse to send it in but that hasn't happened yet so until then I'll just keep on shootin.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Picked up an "A" series yesterday as my first 995. It appears it did more sitting in a cabinet than shooting. Will let you know once I take it to the range.

·
Gun Fanatic
830 Posts
GREAT SCOTT! mine is a B-series...how did that happen? I bought it NEW at Cabella's!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've got one of the older A series 995's. The only con to it is that to get the receiver off (if you're doing the full dress strip down) you have to drive a 1/8" roll pin out, whereas the newer ones have a retainer clip that allows for easier removal of the receiver. Other than that, the older ones are just fine. At least mine is.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.