A Tale of Two Pistols

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by HPHooked, Nov 27, 2007.

1. HPHooked

HPHooked Member

Here’s what happened to me. On November 17th, I had to sell my SW40VE at the Lewis and Clark County gun show. Got $250 for it. :cry:

[​IMG]

Spent part of the money on groceries as we had some unexpected bills to pay. The following Friday after Thanksgiving, Sportsman’s Warehouse opened here in Helena. I walked in to see what they had. This is what I walked out with:

[​IMG]

Yep, that is a black slide SW40VE. Total walk out price: $340 bucks with 2 14rnd mags, case and assorted mandatory garbage. Payday was the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. I got very lucky that Friday as all the other sporting goods stores in town said they weren't in the catalogs. :p

It's things like this that make me believe that GOD and Jesus mean for all people to have the right of self defense and to defend others as needed. :eek:

2. vallen

vallen Member

I don't get it. Sounds like you lost $90 to me. Did Jesus give your money back?

3. HPHooked

HPHooked Member

No, but he did give me the pistol I was looking for. :D

4. Ridge

Ridge Member

Very nice! I also miss my old SW40VE!

[​IMG]

5. HPHooked

HPHooked Member

Along with a $50 dollar rebate and 2 extra free 14 rnd magazines. Sounds about like a $90 make up to me. :lol:

6. Ridge

Ridge Member

Haha yeah they are doing the mag deal again, huh?? I got two free mags, but they didnt show up until like 2 weeks after I sold my Sigma at a gun show for $275 :p

7. vallen

vallen Member

I guess he works in mysterious ways. but if you had kept it, you'd have a little more cash on hand if you are tight for $. Was it the all black you were looking for?

I love my SW9VE.

8. HPHooked

HPHooked Member

Yep, vallen. I was looking for the all black version when I bought the first 40VE but nobody in Montana had them at the time.

As to the money part, I could have kept the pistol and been money ahead in the long term. However, polymer is a little tough to swallow even with ketchup. :p That is why I sold the stainless slide version, for grocery money. I took the left over cash, added a little from my paycheck and got the all black version.

Smiles all around as the wife doesn't have to buy my Christmas present now.

9. vallen

vallen Member

I've been there. glad you are a happy shooter now.
    I regret the day I sold many of my guns back in '87. I'm slowly getting them all back now.

10. Sometimes we have to do what is necessary to keep food on the table, power on and bill collectors off our back. Glad things worked out and glad you have the pistol you wanted. Post some feedback on how it shoots too.

11. nice weapon i have a M&P all black and a sigma 9mm stainless i like the all black better though

12. HPHooked

HPHooked Member

I still have my tu-tone Sigma 9VE. Would not trade it for the world. First time out with the 9mm, I was hitting empty welding gas cylinders at 50 - 75 yards. I had never considered firing at that range with a pistol before. I was alway told that any range beyond 25 yards was rifle range. With the 9VE, I have learned that ranges out too at least 75 yards are accurately doable. :D

13. the 40VE was my first firearm. i love that thing. wont get rid of it for anything. its the two-tone

14. HPHooked

HPHooked Member

Will do as soon as the temps climb into the 40's at least. Right now, the temps are in the teens and not expected to climb out from below freezing until the middle of next week. Will keep you posted though. :D

15. HPHooked

HPHooked Member

I haven't forgotten you folks. It's just been really cold over the weekends. I'll get the range report out soon. :wink:

16. HPHooked

HPHooked Member

OK Folks. Got out to some BLM land this week with the 40VE. Glad to report that all the dead trees and stumps at the improvised range took very consistent hits from this pistol. Used Blazer 165gr FMJ ammo and didn't have a single problem out of 100 rounds. I'll have to build some target stands to take with me next time for accuracy testing. However, I would not think twice about about using this pistol for first line self defense. I was blowing quite a few nice chunks of wood of of the dead trees and stumps. Wish I could have provided some pics but I left the camera at home. Needless to say, I'm one very happy camper, er, shooter. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D