A tense moment.

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by greg_r, Aug 26, 2014.

1. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

I work a good ways from the house and elect to stay in a small two room apartment near my job. The apartment is not exactly in the best part of town. This morning while it was still dark I went to the dumpster located at the end of the apartments. When I turned the corner a couple of guys were there. They promptly turned and ran. nobody hurt and I do not feel I was in danger, but it startled me. Don't know what they were doing, but I can guess. Just glad it went the way it did.

2. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Was there a valuable lessen learned this morning?
    Do you CCW?

3. greg_r

I was/am always prepaired. I saw them a second before they saw me. Kind of like walking through the woods. You never step over a log without looking at the other side first.

4. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

Seeing you are a US Marine you could have easily defended yourself because of our intense training we have gone thru . Also don't forget the favored CQB weapon the "knife hand"

One well placed hit of the knife hand on the l/side of the neck directly over the carotid artery and your assailant falls asleep quickly

5. greg_r

1978-1984, Basic at Parris Island. Communications and Electronics school at 29 Palms, then back to North Carolina, a short while at Geiger then Lejeune. Atlantic cruises on the USS Portland and the USS Speigel Grove, one is now an artificial Reef the other sunk for target practice. Miss those days. Your El Toro patch kind of makes me homesick for Stumps again.