abc's 20/20 "If I only had a gun"

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Oct - 2009)' started by shelbyzman, Apr 10, 2009.

1. shelbyzman

shelbyzman Member

USA
    I saw on a clip for tonights 20/20 on good morning America.

It showed some guy (who they gave a fake gun) in "set up" classroom situation where a gunman came in and started shooting.

When the guy tried to shoot back at the gunman, he couldn't get his concealed gun out of his pocket.

Thus they portray that if you conceal carry you won't be able to help because you will be too stupid to even be able to pull your gun out.

A couple notes.....the guy had gloves on (why I don't know).....he had a full size glock.....he had a long baggy shirt on....all of these factors helped his inablilty to pull his gun.

I'm sure the whole concept of the 20/20 episode will be "we are all better off without guns" and "guns only kill, they never help save anybody"

The liberal media is crapped up!

2. bomber101581

bomber101581 Well-Known Member

The fact is, there are going to be situations out there where having a CCW isn't going to help you. But that doesn't mean they are useless.

3. Let them put me on that show and I guarantee that I'll be able to pull my gun.

4. I'm guessing the guy didn't find some cover before wildly grasping for his smokepole?

5. neothespian

neothespian Member

This is the same kind of flawed "journalism" that is used to describe how DANGEROUS and EVIL motorcycles are ::) Then again, who really watches terrestrial TV anyways?? Seriously? I didn't even know that show was still on the air.

6. saiyandide

saiyandide Member

No he didn't go for cover and he also up until now only played with airsoft guns. Not even a bb or pelley gun they showed him in a clip loading up an airsoft and shooting a pop can close up that only pinged and bounced off it and he was acting like he was unloading an Uzi because of the poser he thought it gave him. lol Also in the class room situation he is sitting there unable to stop playing with the gun telling the girl next to him how he has a gun. It was very entertaining and enraging at the same time.

7. Fourboxes

Fourboxes Member

Old people.

8. .. DUMBASSES...

9. bomber101581

bomber101581 Well-Known Member

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=7282517

"They had more in common than unleashing carnage — nearly every gunman in this monthlong series of mass killings was legally entitled to fire his weapons."

[size=20pt]NOT TRUE!![/size]

They were not legally entitled to kill innocent people. They were legally entitled to own a gun.

Thats like saying people with driver's licenses are legally entitled to mow down pedestrians.

10. Exactly.. But the press will paint a picture such that it makes responsible gun owners look horrible. I wish we could stop this kind of "journalism"

11. Hell, I bet I couldnt draw mine fast enough either, the only time it ever comes out of its holster is to be hidden in my truck when I go into an unfriendly CCW place.

Still. Why doesnt the NRA defend against this kind of bad publicity and do something to help the CCW owner....I mean, I send them money every month to do just that sort of thing.

12. 3800sc

3800sc Member

this sucks so bad. Just going to convince more people guns are evil, not people.

13. minidriver

minidriver Member

Maybe the next special will be about the peril of education and the problem it can cause when someone becomes educated and can actually think for themselves.

We need to contact advertisers that had commercials run during that 20/20 propaganda crap and let them know how we feel and that we will NOT spend ANY money with them while they choose to advertise on that network and during that show.

14. 69burbon

69burbon Well-Known Member

I saw part of the preview this morning. I kind of figured that was the slant they would take with it. Strange though is that the report this morning did not condemn guns but pointed out what many of us preach. TRAINING. You can't just get a gun and expect to be robocop. That kid they put in the classroom scenario had no training and obviously was not comfortable carrying a gun or he wouldn't have been messing with it.

15. minidriver

minidriver Member

Did anyone else notice that the "badguy" in each event in the classroom went right after the poor soul with a gun under that oversized shirt?

16. saiyandide

saiyandide Member

Yes I did notice it. I guess that's because every BG has gun seeking vision that allows him to do that don't yah know so having a gun make you more of a victim. :rolleyes2: :p

17. Pierce

Pierce Member

fourboxes, you must be one of those young uninformed type.
    Take care
    Old Person

18. I liked the piece with the people that were hired to clean the garage and watching how those people reacted or interacted. Any person with so much as a hunters safety course would not have been fascinated or scared by those handguns. Most probably would have pointed in a safe direction and unloaded it.

Those people were all about my age and it made me sad that how they react when seeing a gun is so negative and scared. Like the idiot that looked down the barrel to see if it's loaded. But I remember getting pelted with anti drug and anti-gun stuff in elementary school. And that is what probably shaped these people's attitudes.

19. Fourboxes

Fourboxes Member

I dunno. My knees keep telling me I'm old, my hairline disagrees, the gray streaks rebuttal etc etc. I don't watch ABC on terrestrial tv, but I don't text message either.

take care,
    Soon to be one of you