Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked up a new CF380 through Davidson's about a week ago. Field stripped it for a pre-use clean and lube. I was surprised to find what looks like accidental tooling marks on the inside top of the slide near the breach face (see pics). I wondered if maybe they weren't accidental. Then I figured I'd ask folks who know about HiPoints if this is common on theirs too.

Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Rim
Bumper Font Composite material Metal Rectangle
Automotive tire Automotive exterior Vehicle Bumper Wheel
Automotive tire Bumper Air gun Automotive wheel system Automotive exterior

I'm gonna guess it was just sloppy tooling. I scrutinized the slide more and noticed the bare metal on one side of the slide is shorter than the other (see pics). Maybe the fitter just had a bad day that day.

Automotive tire Rectangle Bumper Font Automotive exterior
Window Rectangle Automotive exterior Bumper Grille

I'm not expecting $1K fit and finish on a $180 pistol but the seemingly accidental gouge in the slide looks pretty sloppy—unless there's a reason for it...?

I haven't shot it yet. I racked the slide on a snap-cap filled magazine. The slide didn't go fully into battery and the dummy round got wedged in the chamber. I needed a cleaning rod to pop the dummy out. Maybe the gouge in the slide surface kicked the round in crooked...

Any insights on what this is, if it matters, and if I should do anything about it? I'd rather save myself the headache of a failure at the range if can avoid it.

Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts