Accuracy and range

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Bayouvol, May 21, 2014.

1. Bayouvol

Bayouvol Member

How far out can most of you keep the carbine in a six inch circle with open sights? Can you reach to 60 yards with it?

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    The open sights aren't the limiting factor, it's the ammo...or my eyes.:(

I can do a 6 inch group at 50 yards ok. Never bothered going further, as that's not what I'd use them for.

3. duster066

duster066 Supporting Member

Someone who is good can do that out to 100 yards and a bit farther I'm sure. I can do that easy with my 357 carbine with most of the stuff a shoot through it.

4. talon

talon the banned wagon

i can do it at 75yards most days. dont shoot further than that on a regular basis. as stated, the irons arent the issue, its your eyesight more than that, and ammo, wind, etc all can alter things.

5. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

i can hit a 6" dia metal spinning gong at 100 yrds with my 995TS but with a red dot and 3x magnifier

6. Win94ae

Win94ae Member

The first and only time I took the Hi-Point Model 995 out, I shot about a 5 inch 3 shot group at 100 yards. Then I hit one shot each on a torso target at 150, 200 and 250 yards.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svzbDYqYWyQ"]First Shots With New Hi-Point: Video[/ame]

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  7. I don't care about bullseyes with 995TS. I am using torso as a measuring stick. I can make torso shots all day at a bit further than 60 yards

Give me my go to gun, the WASR and I can do six inches all day long at over 100 yards

8. weasel walker

weasel walker Member

100 meters with my 995ts with IS.. it can be done with no problem

Attached Files: