Accuracy problems

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by travis9mm, Jun 23, 2014.

1. travis9mm

travis9mm Member

So im havin some troubles. Went to the range with the wifey and she laughed when I hit 1of 8 shots. Said "I thought you could shoot" so I grabbed her Berreta Storm .40 and hit 14 of 14 center mass at 20'. She said "I think your sights suck..." I said I think you are right. Lol im shooting heavy low left. Doesnt matter the ammo either. Federal, blazer, Winchester. All low left. What do I need to do? Thanks all!

BTW wife can hit 10 of 14. Shes fired maybe 100 rnds. I must say its a smmmoooooth action. Try a Beretta storm if u get the chance!

2. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

You didn't say what pistol you were shooting. If your pistol has 'adjustable' sights, that is what you need to tinker with to move the point of impact in relation to your point of aim. Raise the rear sight to raise the point of impact.

3. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    You know those adjustable sights? Adjust them.;)

4. travis9mm

travis9mm Member

I figured it would be something simple. I knew they were adjustable but not sure how to do it. I have everything from when I bought it new. Also the g ghost ring. Are they any good?

5. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

You don't say how they are grouping. If the grouping is good then it is a sight issue, if not: see below. ;)

Attached Files:

6. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

There are 2 screws on the top of the rear sights. The one closest to the front of the pistol is the retaining screw. Don't mess with that one. The one to the rear is the adjustment screw. There is a spring under the rear of the sight, so as you back the screw out, (counterclockwise), this will raise the sight, which will raise the point of impact. The screw on the right hand side adjusts for windage. Clockwise will move the sight/point of impact to the right, counterclockwise will move the sight/point of impact to the left.

7. travis9mm

travis9mm Member

Im hitting at 7 o'clock. My wife has the same results. I shoot hers and its perfect. I dont think its an error on my end

8. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Yep. So raise the sight, and move it right, as per the directions above. Shoot a group of three aiming ONLY at the bullseye, see where it hits, adjust more if needed. Shoot again, repeat until the gun shoots where you aim.

9. Stick with the installed rear sight till you gain experience in adjusting the rear sight and break the gun in. No sense in adding another variable with the ghost sight until then.

10. mellon

mellon Member

My advice forget the hi point sights. Get a Mayhan rear sight. Its superior to the plastic . Very secure and accurate. I have one on my c9 and my 45. Both group tight and dead on.