ACLU board member endorses shooting Trump supporters

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by big_bad_doug, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Doing this from my phone so I can't post a link but I heard this on the radio last night. Googled it and sure enough it's out there. Surprisingly I haven't heard any mention of it in the MSM. OK, that was a joke, doesn't really surprise me at all. Their excuse will probably be that he's resigned so there's nothing to report.

2. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    One snippet from the above link:

I believe this is probably appropriate, but if a repubic party official
    had suggested shooting Hitlery or her supporters, the Lefties would
    be screaming bloody murder, calling for an investigation complete
    with anal probings and a lobotomy :rolleyes:

3. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

It was widely reported.

“The thing is, we have to really reach out to those who might consider voting for Trump and say, ‘This is Goebbels. This is the final solution. If you are voting for him. I will have to shoot you before election day.’ They’re not going to listen to reason, so when justice is gone, there’s always force, as Laurie would say,” the post read, referring to one of Hitler’s closest associates, Joseph Goebbels, and to the lyrics of the Laurie Anderson song, ‘O Superman.’

He's now resigned due to the backlash and is whining that "it was just a joke." The ACLU is running away from him so fast, trying to distance themselves, that I think they might have broken the sound barrier. :p

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/aclu-leader-resigns-shoot-trump-voters-article-1.2463677

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

4. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Widely reported on conservative web sites. MSM? Nope!

5. I'll be the first to admit that I pretty much ignore the MSM because why bother, it's biased crap and I don't have the time to sort it out and figure out what's accurate and what's mis-leading. But anytime a republican says something outrageous like that you hear about. I only heard this mentioned on local talk radio on the drive home one night so I question how well it was reported on by the media.

Kind of like that story years ago when some college professor researched and wrote a book with his conclusions that most homes in the early days of our country didn't own a firearm and therefore our founding fathers couldn't have intended for Americans to have such unlimited access to guns. It was in the news every night for almost two weeks.

When it came out that he made it all up (the records he claimed to have researched never existed), it was reported and done wth in one night and you never heard anymore about it.