Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just happened. ACORN will not be given contracts to collect 2010 census data. Keep it up people we may not have won but we are having an effect in some very big ways.

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
They might be disqualified, but whom did that a**hole in the white house try to get to do it NBC? If they gave up that easy on acorn, we better watch out for the next unconstitutional, anti- American move that idiot tries to do!

·
Banned
4,094 Posts
once again, WTF is ACORN?
http://www.acorn.org/ THIS is ntheir offical site. To put it simple They went around and registered voters before the election trying to get folks to register and vote for the O. There is some talk of voter registraton fraud as they really got a lot of registered voters unfortunatly a lot were dead [including Paul Newman] If you really must ask these questions there is a thing called google to look up and WHERE have you been the last 8 or 9 months?

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
There might still be a grain of common sense in the gov. A small grain, but...

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
I might of posted to kwik. Maryland is looking into prosecuting ACORN whisleblowers.

STATEMENT OF STATE'S ATTORNEYS OFFICE FOR BALTIMORE CITY RELATIVE TO THE ALLEGED BALTIMORE ACORN INCIDENT

Baltimore, MD - September 11, 2009 - We have received inquiries from citizens and the media asking whether the Baltimore City State's Attorneys Office would initiate a criminal investigation for acts allegedly committed at ACORN offices located in Baltimore. The only information received in reference to this alleged criminal behavior was a YouTube video. Upon review by this office, the video appears to be incomplete. In addition, the audio portion could possibly have been obtained in violation of Maryland Law, Annotated Code of Maryland Courts and Judicial Proceedings Article §10-402, which requires two party consent.

If it is determined that the audio portion now being heard on YouTube was illegally obtained, it is also illegal under Maryland Law to willfully use or willfully disclose the content of said audio. The penalty for the unlawful interception, disclosure or use of it is a felony punishable up to 5 years.

http://liberalslie.blogtownhall.com...der_prosecution_for_shooting_the_videos.thtml

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They knew this going in, now there is a jury I would love to sit on. Jury nullification...its whats for dinner. Wonder if any DA is foolish enough to think they can get a conviction.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, I swing from shocked, to pissed, to amused on the matter. Have to wonder how many hookers ACORN has put into formally respectable neighborhoods.

·
Banned
3,707 Posts
WTF is Google
LMAO!

On a more serious note Rhodes, do you think this means they are really out or will one of the hydra heads of this same organization under many different names still get the contract to do the census. They have this scumbag group organized well, with what almost front groups, businesses, non-profits doing business out of that funeral home in La? So officially "ACORN" isn't doint it name but will the people be the same?

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
WTF is Google
LMAO!

On a more serious note Rhodes, do you think this means they are really out or will one of the hydra heads of this same organization under many different names still get the contract to do the census. They have this scumbag group organized well, with what almost front groups, businesses, non-profits doing business out of that funeral home in La? So officially "ACORN" isn't doint it name but will the people be the same?
Good point and that will have to be watched. This is how downfalls begin, they get powerful and then arrogant followed by sloppy and suddenly trouble comes in packs. I am thinking eventually a whole lot of people are going to jail as long as they remain on We the People's shit list.

·
Banned
3,707 Posts
Well I'm glad you got my point I must have been tired typing that I can't get back to edit it but it should have read " what with almost 300 front groups...etc AND isn't doing it in name but,..etc" I agree they are teetering now and it's time to push them over.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
in before bomber says we're racist for hating acorn.

SW
Like the opinions of NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, and company shall we care?

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Just a quick point-of-fact...

ACORN was never going to be allowed to collect, view, or in any way affect Census data. In fact, no-one, not even law enforcement personnel, that is not sworn into the Census Bureau can come near Census data, PII (personally identifiable information), or any other Title XIII data. ACORN was merely a 'community partner' meaning we could use them to help get the word out about the upcoming Census to encourage participation. This was no different than other community groups, senior citizen's clubs, &c. Following the ACORN scandal, community partner status was revoked. ACORN would've had no bearing in collecting Census data.

Sincerely,
-'bridge (your friendly, neighborhood US Dep't of Commerce Field Operations Supervisor)

·
Banned
3,707 Posts
Just a quick point-of-fact...

ACORN was never going to be allowed to collect, view, or in any way affect Census data. In fact, no-one, not even law enforcement personnel, that is not sworn into the Census Bureau can come near Census data, PII (personally identifiable information), or any other Title XIII data. ACORN was merely a 'community partner' meaning we could use them to help get the word out about the upcoming Census to encourage participation. This was no different than other community groups, senior citizen's clubs, &c. Following the ACORN scandal, community partner status was revoked. ACORN would've had no bearing in collecting Census data.

Sincerely,
-'bridge (your friendly, neighborhood US Dep't of Commerce Field Operations Supervisor)
Maybe watch this , I know its from the dreaded FOX but lets face it it's the only place that covers stuff like this.

http://www.foxnews.com/search-results/m/22390367/partnership-agreement.htm

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
This may come as a shock... in this segment FOX is using some slightly bent and distorted facts to help sell its case (and I really do appreciate the role of FOX news in today's climate).

While it's possible that former ACORN members could potentially be hired by the Census Bureau based on their individual qualifications, they would be hard pressed to carry out ACORN's dirty work while employed by the Bureau. Further, ACORN was just one of many 'partners' to help reach communities. As you can I'm sure understand, the Census needs to hire people from the area in which they are to work. It increases participation ten-fold if the Census workers are recognizable as members of the community. It doesn't matter who you are, I'm sure you can picture some portion of the country, whether rural Kentucky or East L.A., where you would not be the most welcome as a representative from the Government. So the Census relies on community partners to get the word out that the Census is hiring. Regardless of their background or former affiliations, Census workers are subject to 5 years in prison and a $250,000 fine for divulging even the smallest portion of PII or Title XIII data. I can tell you from personal experience, the Census is gravely serious about guarding that data and ensuring that it is of the highest quality.

The reason law enforcement officers cannot help with the Census is because they are not sworn to protect Title XIII data and as LEOs, to some extent, would need to be able to set aside that role and not react to potentially questionable activity they see while performing Census duties. There is a procedure by which the Census can temporarily swear LEOs and personnel on military bases into the Bureau if their efforts are necessary in keeping a Census worker safe while he is conducting his job.

-'b

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Everything you mentioned may be either changed or ignored.

Did they plan to do this? Not sure,...
but ACORN was set to be heavily involved in the census or else there would not have been the statement barring them from being involved.

We cannot presume to know why ACORN would be involved, that is a mistake. It very well could have been only for the 8 Billion in stimulus money. No matter since what we do know is that ACORN cannot be allowed to take part in any fashion with so important a matter as the census.

Now we need to get to the bottom of SEIU...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts