Active shooter Chattanooga Tenn.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by SWAGA, Jul 16, 2015.

1. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

2. the last time i saw an incident like this reported as "breaking news" it was just an AD....
    One bullet. one accidental shot, no one hurt. but the place locked down and the media went insane.

and no i did not read your article. Im just sick of hearing "BREAKING NEWS" that is lying

3. I heard it was at a Community College?

4. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

It's pandemonium now but allegedly multiple shots fired and nobody apprehended.
    At least one injured.

5. ekim

ekim Member

Why do they always pick on the ones that try to help and not go where the real problem makers are, like capital buildings where the real bad guys are, politicians, judges, lawyers and lobbyist!

6. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

Chattanooga, TN.

White man, silver mustang, high powered rifle shooting into Air Force, Navy and Marine recruiting offices at a strip mall. One Police Officer wounded. According eye witness from restaurant next to offices.

Reports of other shootings in different parts of the city.

eldar

7. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

please clarify what you mean

8. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

Just in from WRCBTV in Chattanooga, TN:

Shooter dead, one Police Officer undergoing surgery, four Marines dead.

News Conference to be held momentarily.

eldar

9. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

I see that there were two different shootings by two different shooters, at recruiting stations at about the same time.

I also see that one of the shooters has been "neutralized"

As with any breaking news, stories are coming in with all types of conflicting or confusing info

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/16/shooting-reported-at-chattanooga-army-recruiting-center-college-on-lockdown/

http://news.yahoo.com/chattanooga-active-shooter-officer-down-live-coverage-154953657.html#

Looks likely definitely 2 shootings. 4 dead, including a shooter. Not sure if one or two shooters....

10. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    It's one shooter. Every time the news reports two or more, they are wrong.

11. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

One shooter who shot at the first recruiting office killing four Marines, then drove to second recruiting center where he was engaged by police; one officer wounded in ankle and the shooter was slain. Two bypassers were also wounded at this location.

News conference FBI is treating this as 'domestic terrorism'. TN official states to not attache any 'titles' to this incident until the investigations are complete.

eldar

12. MXGreg

MXGreg Supporting Member

CBS News lists the shooter's name as Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez.

13. tallbump

was just coming to post that

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/report-police-officer-shot-near-tennessee-army-recruiting-center/

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. -- A gunman unleashed a barrage of gunfire at two military facilities Thursday in Tennessee, killing at least four Marines and wounding a soldier and a police officer, officials told CBS News. The suspect also was killed.

Chattanooga Mayor Andy Berke said five people died in all, including the gunman. Two law enforcement sources told CBS News that the shooting suspect was identified as Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez.

14. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    I just saw this picture from the KTOG forum. It looks like they needed a bigger gun buster sign to protect all of those people who were hurt or killed.

Attached Files:

15. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Nice stand up law abiding shooter. Never brought his gun into a gun free zone. See? They do work.

16. tallbump

I was thinking the same as cicpup..that's scary.:) but technically, the shooter didn't violate the sign. He didn't take a firearm inside the building

17. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

Half point.

The GFZ was still his target...

eldar

18. This is my town and the shooter appears to have lived in the suburb of Hixson, TN, right in my own backyard. Be prepared. It can happen where you live. Great work on the part of all the police and emergency medical people. They, along with the military personnel, are my heroes. This is incredibly sad for the families who have lost their Marines and infuriating for all of us. Remember them and be vigilant for the next attack.

19. \I can clarify it; he just disqualified himself from ever getting a clearance lol. :p

20. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Those darn Amish! Between them and the Mennonites its getting to where a fellow can't even walk down the street anymore.