Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
picked up a Savage M11 Scout. Like I really needed another scout rifle. But the price was right. Honestly, I had been looking for a Savage Hog Hunter. Intentions are to turn this one into a sort of Hog Hunter. Pick up a couple of 4 round flush fit magazines, remove the scout rail and rear peep, and install a conventional scope. Probably remove the muzzle brake as well. A Williams barrel mounted shallow V rear sight mounted on the barrel will round out the rifle.

The rifle came equipped with a 2.5 power LER scope, a sling and a Caldwell bi-pod. i did put a box of Monarch steel case through it. Happy with what it did offhand at 50 Yards. I have a 2x7x32 I will mount then will bench it. Expecting good things.

This is the first Savage I have had in a long time. I have owned a Savage 110 in 30-06, a Stevens 25-06, and a Savage 110 Tactical in 308. I really liked them. Happy to be back in the Savage game.

·
Premium Member
36,163 Posts
Why reduced mags? Hunting hogs doesn’t require that, does it?

·
Premium Member
21,620 Posts
Florida 5 is your limit. Pretty stupid if you want hunters to eradicate them isn't it?

In TN everything except full auto is legal.

Reactions: ajole and histed

·
Super Moderator
9,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Personal preference. It seems that almost all my bolt 308’s have extended mags, except my FR8. I prefer a flush fitting mag, and I am not going to be drilling on my FR8 to mount a scope. That’s why I was looking for a Hog Hunter. It has a blind magazine. The M11 scout will take the 4 round M11 Hunter magazine And it fits flush. Already been to the Savage web store but they are out of stock.

I sometimes think my Ruger GSR would be perfect if it had a hinged floor plate, but then again the detachable and extended magazines add something to it too.

Reactions: ajole and OldOutlaw

·
Super Moderator
5,064 Posts
Florida 5 is your limit. Pretty stupid if you want hunters to eradicate them isn't it?

In TN everything except full auto is legal.
And in Texas you can use mini-guns from choppers. Gotta take a pork-based road trip!

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
21,620 Posts
And in Texas you can use mini-guns from choppers. Gotta take a pork-based road trip!
And a suit case full of money. I watched a "Pigman" TV show one time Ted Nugent had a full auto AR15. "Uncle Ted brought a pallet of ammo and people to load his mags."

Reactions: histed
1 - 6 of 6 Posts