Adding mags to foregrip

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by OkSlim, Feb 21, 2016.

1. OkSlim

OkSlim Member

Sorry guys but my eyes are bleeding from searching.

Will have my new carbine tomorrow and it comes with the two mag holder for the butt. I saw somewhere that someone had modded their carbine to accept the same two mags and holder up by the foregrip.

I swear I have searched but I can't find it. Can anyone help a brotha out?

2. cruiser

cruiser Member

Have not seen that, but I don't think it is something I would want to do. These things are heavy enough. Fact is I removed my mag holders from the stock. Loaded those things add a lot of weight to an all ready hefty piece. Once I hung it from a sling on my shoulder I decided I needed to lighten it up.

3. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I have seen this, but as a mod on a Kel-Tec SUB2000.
    And I believe it was a custom, by the owner... :confused:

4. OkSlim

OkSlim Member

Can never have too much ammo in a gun fight.

5. undeRGRound

INDY
  6. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

If you only could put one accessory on a carbine - it should be the mag holder and mags. That would be the last thing I would get rid of.

7. undeRGRound

INDY
  8. undeRGRound

INDY
    [​IMG]

Shows the end product...

9. OkSlim

OkSlim Member

I've humped 400 rounds of pig ammo in 110F weather with 100% humidity on top of my own gear. Hopefully I can handle 18 extra rounds in a 7 lb carbine.

I was much younger then so it may be a deal breaker

10. Bamaboy

Bamaboy Member

I'll be the cold water guy here, moving the mags to the front will still make the carbine weight the same.
    The OP wanted more magazines on his carbine.
    I'm not trying to talk you out of doing the mod, hell I'm thinking of doing it myself now!
    But if you want less weight on the carbine I suggest a fanny pack, back pack, sling bag or even a leg bag.
    I ask whatever you do decide you share with us and thanks for bring this up.

11. SEP

SEP SEP Board Member

Very cool and thanks for the pics on the first page. Not a bad idea at all. I have two 995TS, one has the foregrip (my son's) and the other doesn't (mine). I don't particularly care for a foregrip and I'm just use to not having one. Wonder how badly it would interfere with a comfortable grip if you don't use or have the foregrip?

Then again, if it does interfere I suppose I could add a foregrip and simply fold it up. That's how I shot my son's 995TS before I bought my own.

A couple of extra mags of ammo isn't a bad thing.

12. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

Just when I think my 995ts is done...... :confused::what::cool:

13. cruiser

cruiser Member

I can't argue with that. ;)

This got me thinking... What are the weights of my current configuration? Dug out my electronic scale and this is what I came up with.

My current config. with 1 mag = 11.5lb. With 3 mags = 12.9lb. with 5 mags 14.3lb.

[​IMG]

Thinking about my use--- For home defense it would be # 3 in grabbing order. For target use I don't need mags attached. They ride in the range bag. If I were slinging through Zombie country I would rather have the extra ammo in my pocket, fanny pack and/or vest pockets. My shoulder nerves aren't what they were 45 years ago. :(

YMMV...............

14. undeRGRound

INDY
    Dang, Cruiser!
    You must have a 4595, otherwise the #'s are awfully high for 2 full mags!
    :eek:

15. cruiser

cruiser Member

That was piling everything on the scale at once. Just weighed the 2 loaded mags by themselves. 1.1lb.

16. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Hel's belz a loaded M14 with a full mag, cleaning kit and sling is 11.25lbs. I don't need a 14lb 995TS. Then weigh up a 4595 with 29rds and all your toys. Mag pouches.

17. rmuniz9336

rmuniz9336 Member

underground, I like that idea there. I had an old leather 45 caliber magazine holder left over from my MP days. I used an old belt an affixed it to my stock, Works well, but I like what you did by getting another 2 magazine on it. Guess I know what my next buy is!

18. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

O God we are screwed. I agree with trash.

19. undeRGRound

INDY
    :) Glad to Help! Using what you have on hand is nice, too :cool:

:rofl:
    I'm trying to figure out which one is getting "smarter" ;) :D