Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I was wondering how often I should clean my "Plinkster" and also what is the best way to do it?
I have put 150 Mini Mags through mine already.
Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
I clean all .22s after each use. The Model 60 jams a lot if I dont. Of course I usually blow through 500 at a time.
I would guess its up to you. See how well she fires dirty and then clean it once the performance is impaired.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
I usually pull a dry bore snake through and lightly oil the bolt after each session. I do a complete tear down and clean at around 500 rounds or when I start seeing problems.

Ron M.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
a wipedown a little oil after each range session is about all i do unless they give me trouble. then i tear em down. i very rarely run anything through bore other than a bore mop to wipe out the powder residue. 22s are generaly more accurate IME if the bores are left "dirty".

SW

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
I generally run one cloth with Hoppe's, one or 2 dry cloths, then a cloth with oil down the bore and wipe the outside down with oil after each shooting. Other than that I don't really bother cleaning them out until 500 rounds or so.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool.
Thanks for the info.
However, I dont know what a bore snake is? Or what a bore mop is? :'(

I am a little intimidated about doing a complete tear down, I was looking through the owners manual and it sounded kinda difficult.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
a wipedown a little oil after each range session is about all i do unless they give me trouble. then i tear em down. i very rarely run anything through bore other than a bore mop to wipe out the powder residue. 22s are generaly more accurate IME if the bores are left "dirty".

SW
+1 on that. :yes:

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
What does this mean?
I dont understand?
That just a type of cleaner. CLP stands for Cleaner, Lubricant, and Protectant. On the rare occasion that I clean my firearms. Its a great cleaner, and thats all I use it for, and Rem-Oil as a lube.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts