After Market Trigger Discussion and Development Thread

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by AsahiShooter, Jan 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I know this has been brought up on older threads but I cant find one anywhere. I don't like the look or feel of the plastic trigger. If anyone knows how to get hold an aluminum one, or two, please PM me.

Thanks.

2. dduck1968

dduck1968 Member

Miami
    I know I searched all over the web and nothing. It seems like the 2 people that used to make them no longer do.

3. octabird

octabird Master Pistol Blaster Member

I may be able to work something up with my uncle. What would a fair price be on a stainless trigger?

4. 25 bucks. In other words, unless you have a Plasma CNC rig, not worth pursuing. Aluminum would be a viable alternative, but then you need a waterjet table or a room full of 3rd world children with scroll saws to turn a profit. The design of HP's triggers makes them rather annoying to reproduce, yet it's also their biggest cosmetic flaw IMO.

BTW I LOVE Asahi beer :p

5. joey1117

joey1117 Supporting Member

well now if there is enough of an interest i can write a program and make some on my cnc are we talking about just the plastic trigger?

Mike Thomas likes this.
  6. Well I know pay at most $20-30 each. And I know that I want two.

ThreePercenterJHP likes this.
  7. bigd5783

bigd5783 Member

Why don't we start a list of people wanting them and when we get to a predetermined number of people that are actually dedicated to getting these we can get them made. I also would like either an aluminum or stainless trigger and agree that these plastic triggers look god aweful and is the only thing I dont like about my Hi Point.

P.S. at around $20-$30 put me down for one as well.

and as a side note if they are all interchangable, 380, c9, .40, .45, carbine and pistol we could easily get the number of people together. I don't know of anyone that prefers the plastic trigger over a good metal one.

P.S.S I have a .45 JCP, 9mm carbine, and a C9 on the way so if you would like someone to test the fitting one those 3 I would be happy to do it for you. Send me a pm if you would like and I can get you my address.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  8. put me down for one as well.

9. joey1117

ok so here is what i will do , since I'm new to the forum and own the 380 and the 40 i will make a one for the 380 install it on my gun and send a few spare ones out for free to see if you guys like them and if they will fit on the 9 and the 45 then we can go from there . as far as price ......alum. is way easier and faster to machine than stainless the 1/16 diam. hole will be a pain in stainless but not impossible let me see what i can do but it would be under 20.00 for sure.
    I will cad one up after church today and take a pic or two maybe even texture the trigger itself with a diamond pattern for the finger :D

ThreePercenterJHP likes this.
  10. Ookami

Ookami Member

Iowa
    You can put me down for two as well. $20 to 30 certainly sounds reasonable to make my C9 stand out just a little bit more.

11. dduck1968

dduck1968 Member

Miami
    Put me down as well, I will buy one.

12. joey1117

autocad done going to the shop

ok here is what i have came up with right now ....im going to the shop to cut one out will keep you posted :D

Attached Files:

13. joey1117

if you see something else you would like done on this please feel free to chime in i can change the program to make it different this is a copy of the trigger as it is right now

14. joey1117

looks like it to me from the pics ....at this point i will still make some just because but thats pretty cheap let me see what I can do I will post more info later today and see what i can get the cost down to if I nest the parts and run them in a batch they should be pretty cheap

15. smills41

smills41 Member

The 380/9 should be interchangeable to my understanding. I would be more than willing to be a beta tester for you ;)

16. Gunsnob420

Gunsnob420 Well-Known Member

If you add a extension to the bottom you can market them to carbine shooters. Me personally would love a extended trigger on my ATI'ed 995.

17. bout2snap

bout2snap Member

if u make a trigger for the 40/45, i will definitely want one!

18. joey1117

ok here it is so far i have a few things i need to work out in the program that I dont like give me a few days to test and make a few more but here it is on the 380 going to pull the 40 down later today and see if they are the same but here is a pic of the idea my boys and i came up with (they are great helpers) will keep everyone posted . also for the couple I said I will do for free PLEASE I would need testers for the 9mm, and the 45 as well as the carbines

Attached Files:

DominicCasillas likes this.
  19. bout2snap

bout2snap Member

beautiful work! cant wait til theyre for sale!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.