Aftermarket Charging Handle

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Johnny_B_Goode, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Johnny_B_Goode

Johnny_B_Goode Member

I picked up a nice charging handle for my 995TS on eBay. The aftermarket charging handle is much better than stock charging handle. This charging handle is on 1/4" longer and wider than the stock charging handle. It is counter sunk so you can tighten the bolt that holds the charging handle firmly. This charging handle make it much easier to cycle the bolt. The charging handle fits all TS carbines. If I had a do over I would get a red charging handle but I can live with this one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301357489910?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2014

3. Johnny_B_Goode

Johnny_B_Goode Member

I didn't see his thread until I had already posted this thread.

4. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Here's another version, not made anymore AFAIK. Has a hex milled into the recessed end, so that you can use it to unscrew the bolt, since the wrench won't reach inside. It's nice and wide.

[​IMG]

And One from that thread.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  5. Hot-Shot

Hot-Shot Member

They make it easier but still wish it were right handed

6. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Brass Stacker has them!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  7. mrgreen

mrgreen Member

If you also send me that charging handle i will sand it and duracoat it red for shipping back

8. I'm gonna have to build me a charging handle, ideally out of a hollow steel pipe about 3 times as long as the stock one and than fill it with lead to slow the slide speed down some.

9. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Why?
    To keep it from feeding right?

10. Don't want to give away my up and coming project lets just say more power requires more weight.

And anyways I'm pretty sure my 130gr 9mm reloads doing 1700fps would still more than cycle it.

11. Johnny_B_Goode

Johnny_B_Goode Member

It really doesn't require a big increase in charging handle size to make a big difference in ease of cycling the action. The shape of the charging handle makes it easier to cycle the action.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014