Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i stop by a local outdoor store yesterday for the first time. i have been to their chain store before but never this one and was quit disappointed due to their accessories and their customer service. just before i decide this store is waste of my time and ready to leave, i saw two hi point pistol (38 & c9)been display as:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/johell/Photo-0092_047.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/johell/Photo-0093_048.jpg

as you can see, they leave the warning labels on ONLY for the hi points. IN THE STORE FULL OF [email protected] GUNS!!!

"WARNING. you may risk injury or death by handling this firearm." what the hell is that mean? HP are risky and as rest of firearms in the store are complete harmless?

what a bullsh1t!

· Premium Member
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well, i understand the sticker come with new in box pistol, or any new in box firearm. but on the display? it just too much of low blow for me. display pistol will go through so much dry fire before dealer actually have to sell the last remanding pistol of the same model. that been said, a dealer leave the sticker on to show buyers that the pistol is "NIB"? it just flat out dishonest. i have worked for many retail store, the display item usually need to be sell lower the the full retail price AND customer need to be inform that the item is display.
the stickers on the hp were wearn and old, it'll be hard to convince anyone that they are nib. therefore, i still think the purpuse of the sticker were more for scare off customers more so than showing them as NIB.

· Premium Member
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hitman, you have such good dealer around you. all the gun shop i have been to all have use hi point as a promo to get people in the shop than tell them the gun is piece of junk. there really isn't many gun shop around Los Angels. and since few years back, we decide the gun show is not appropriate in this city so we don't even have gun show now. :cry:
very few outdoor shop that sales gun and if so, it's all about 500+ kind of shop. "you get what you pay for" always their motto. shops around here look down $100 gun without ever try them or do real research about them.
sigh....

· Premium Member
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
gabriel c> $189 for a c9? i think that is a bit pricy. i got mine for $109+ tax+ background check and came out about $155. it's still in the shop, i haven't pick it up from the "cool down time" yet. by this weekend i should be get in through at least 100rd.

it's going to be my first gun. and it wasn't my first choice. my search was s&w sigma 9mm, kel-tec p-11 and c9. saw a deal on some grand opening outdoor shop selling c9 for $109 drove about 65 miles out to pay. this friday or saturday i need to drive another 65 miles to pick it up.

· Premium Member
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I JUST PICK UP MY GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps, the label of my c9 was on my gun in the bag.

i'll post picures of it tomorrow when i go to indoor range.

· Premium Member
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
i agree all that to be responsible of company, i just don't like the fact dealers leave the sticker on for displace. it make Hi Point look bad and unreliable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.