Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
202 Posts
Here's what you do. The next time you're in a gun shop, and you see HP's. If you find the owner dogs HP, then you simply say "if they're junk then why do you even carry them?" I always get a kick out of owner responses from that question. I most often just get a shoulder shrug and nothing more:)

Bottom line, dealers KNOW that HP's aren't junk. HP's are ALWAYS used to boost the sales of the higher priced weapons. Now dealers are totally jacking prices on HP's as well, and are really starting to close the price gap in some areas. I will say that HP-380 you posted a pic of is selling for $40.00 more than I paid for mine. I bought my 380 (brand new) for $99.00 at my local dealer.

I don't think that dealer left those stickers on the HP's to dog the guns though. Not all firearms ship with that type of sticker. That orange sticker is just an HP warning label. All of mine had one. I will say this though. My dealer removes the lables on the HP's he displays. You'll get a lable on the "NIB" HP you buy from him, but he displays his without the labels. Last time I was there one of the sales reps were praising the HP 995, and went on to say that HP makes good affordable pistols. Don't hear that too often from a dealer. He didn't have anything nice to say about earlier models though before the company overhaul.
the dealer i bought my c9 at kept going on and on about how heavy it was and kept on pushing the taurus and the glock, but my mind was already set on the hp anyways. as i did some research on the net for all the myths on the hi-points i also saw the low prices. i payed $189.99 plus tax which still seemed like a good price to me. i wished it had come with an extra mag but it did come with the vega n150 holster. personally i dont like the holsters reddish color so i might end up selling it or trading it for an extra mag.

· Premium Member
202 Posts
gabriel c> $189 for a c9? i think that is a bit pricy. i got mine for $109+ tax+ background check and came out about $155. it's still in the shop, i haven't pick it up from the "cool down time" yet. by this weekend i should be get in through at least 100rd.

it's going to be my first gun. and it wasn't my first choice. my search was s&w sigma 9mm, kel-tec p-11 and c9. saw a deal on some grand opening outdoor shop selling c9 for $109 drove about 65 miles out to pay. this friday or saturday i need to drive another 65 miles to pick it up.
i thought it was a bit pricey compared to what a saw them on the net for. but el paso gun exchange is the only dealer that carries hi point here. i think i will look for another c9 since the wife wants one but this time maybe buy from the net or forum and just have it shipped here. the dealer charges $15 for the transaction, just need to check how much for the background check since im not buying from them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.