Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Im guessing you have not seen the many other posts about the new 995, that price does look like too much though I dont think that is normal. Oh and :welcome:

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
This most definately is an inflated price, ive seen store ads posted by members on here where some places are selling for 199.99 plus tax

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome. And yeah, Ive seen the new design, but I didnt know the 9mm was released yet. Is the .40 coming out at the same time as the .45?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I got mine about 2 weeks ago at our local GS for $260 plus sales tax. At that it was probably $10-15 more than price that most people seem to be paying for theirs but at least I got it.

·
U.S.S.
2,267 Posts
This most definately is an inflated price, ive seen store ads posted by members on here where some places are selling for 199.99 plus tax
Yeah, but that ad was from a wholesaler who only sells to FFL holders. Retail seems to be about $250.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I just checked around the web and they seem to be acquirable for $200+shipping.... I want a .40 to match the pistol I just ordered though...

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
My wallet would say ouch, and if my wallet hurts I hurt. Definately way too much..... :cantlook: :cantlook:

·
Registered
602 Posts
They can "ask" whatever they want. You pay whatever you are willing to pay. I think a large majority of LGS's are trying to exploit the word of mouth fears that are being spread, honestly, by alot of people even on these forums.

Obama, is gonna take away all the guns.
Were all gonna be forcably disarmed.
The government is buying all the ammo and destroying it so we can't defend ourselves.

Complaining about an increase in gun prices when everyone is screaming the gun sky is falling...well, that's just silly.

If we want gun prices to go down, the next time a gun dealer tells you that all the guns are gonna be taken away, look at him and say, "WOW really!!! THanks man! You just stopped me from buying this gun. It would suck to give you $300 bucks knowing that the government was just gonna take it away from me later. Thanks! You just saved me $300 bucks! Have a nice day".

Then go somewhere else. If enough people do that, then the gun dealers will stop trying to scare us into paying more.

But, if we do that, we can't really sit around bitching about conspiracy theories and paranoid party-isms. Then what would we do? lol

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. And yeah, Ive seen the new design, but I didnt know the 9mm was released yet. Is the .40 coming out at the same time as the .45?
word from factory is it will be more than a year before they come out with the stock for the 40

·
Registered
27 Posts
Butterbone... im sure some dealers might be taking advantage of the situation... but surely not all. The fact is that everytime we order guns and ammo the price goes up.. and they are harder to get. Thats not pushing fear thatsjust telling it like it is... we have some guns that are identical.. but have three different prices.. because we are marking them up based on their cost... but are also selling the old ones at the old price.. hardly a ripoff. we all need to be good shoppers and look for a good deal.. but suggesting that the increases are the dealers fault would be wrong in most cases. When we have the old 995's we sell them for $199.. again a pretty fair price.. we havent gotten any of the new ones but it looks like they will retail for about $250 based on our cost.... we look forward to getting back to the good old days when there was easy availability and truckloads of ammo.. im guessing we're an election or two from that.

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
oh dang. When did that word come?
Can't remember exactly, maybe end of June. I talked personally with a tech at HP and he told me they didn't even have the mold complete for the 4095. It bummed me right out.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thats sad. Well thanks for the info, I will just order a 995ts then...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Obama, is gonna take away all the guns.
Were all gonna be forcably disarmed.
The government is buying all the ammo and destroying it so we can't defend ourselves.

Complaining about an increase in gun prices when everyone is screaming the gun sky is falling...well, that's just silly.

If we want gun prices to go down, the next time a gun dealer tells you that all the guns are gonna be taken away, look at him and say, "WOW really!!! THanks man! You just stopped me from buying this gun. It would suck to give you $300 bucks knowing that the government was just gonna take it away from me later. Thanks! You just saved me $300 bucks! Have a nice day".

Then go somewhere else. If enough people do that, then the gun dealers will stop trying to scare us into paying more.

But, if we do that, we can't really sit around *****ing about conspiracy theories and paranoid party-isms. Then what would we do? lol
+100

I'm liberal despite also being a gun owner and supporter. I'm plugged into the liberal community. We don't have gun control anywhere near our radar now or in the foreseeable future. Chiefly because when the Democrats did fixate on gun control, they lost offices in the South and West that we're just now getting back. It's ticking off the hippies in California, Chicago, New York, etc, but it is not a concern of the national Democratic Party, and it's not on Obama's radar.

But people will be scared and they will be paranoid, it's a fire fanned by the NRA and encouraged by greedy gun store owners, and that's why it's nearly frigging impossible to find ammunition in common calibers these days. Good luck finding a Wally World with .40, .357, 9mm, etc. Gotta go to the gun stores and pay significant markups.

·
Registered
27 Posts
....the prices have gone up a bit.. we have just one of the new TS carbines and our retail is $250. They did a nice job with it.. worth a few bucks more.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts