Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since Octomom was pretty good at getting some conversation I now bring to you :
AIG, The banking Industry and Automotive Industry bailouts.

Million dollar office renovations, multi-million dollar bonuses and new corporate jets and Oh, it all comes out of your pocket :D

Who will bail out the working man or woman who loses their job?
Will it be the banks? Hell no!

Will the automakers shut down overseas operations to bring jobs back to the U.S.? Hell no!

Who will stop the greed at places like AIG and on Wall Street, will it be the Obama Team? Hell no!

What about the corruption in our political system, who is going to stop that? Please don't say the messiah will do that, he gets his money the same places the other Elites of this country get theirs.

What of the so called economic recovery? Nothing another few trillion shouldn't be able to solve.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Since Octomom was pretty good at getting some conversation I now bring to you :
AIG, The banking Industry and Automotive Industry bailouts.

Will the automakers shut down overseas operations to bring jobs back to the U.S.? Hell no!

Who will stop the greed at places like AIG and on Wall Street, will it be the Obama Team? Hell no!
I think its ironic that Japanese auto companies have plants here, and we outsource our work to asia. My Honda was Made in America, my neighbor's GM was made in mexico with korean parts.

Why should we stop greed in places like AIG and Wall Street? Greed makes capitalism work. Its fraud and abuse that need to be stopped, not greed. That is the point of regulation in capitalsm: In any system, people will find ways to exploit the system. Regulation should stay on top of this, and keep the system from breaking. Removing greed from the system removes the incentive for people to work.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Certainly we do NOT want government deciding what private sector jobs ought to pay or what bonuses should be. Now when lending money those are things that are to be negotiated UP FRONT and not after the money was given.

I do NOT agree with the huge stimulus, here after to be referred to as porkulus, bills that have been passed. But they have been passed and it is now time to spend it as wisely as possible. The government screwed the auto makers as badly as possible. The democrats are in bed with the worthless unions big as ever but also know the unions are leeching and near useless entities. If they are going to continue to cry that the automakers have failed business plans then make it clear up front (government has a problem with that!) that after the auto makers file bankruptcy they will get loans. We simply CANNOT allow the auto industry to fail when 1 in 10 jobs is directly tied to it and who knows how many more will fall from the complete lack of high income earner spending. But as per usual our wonderful elected officials caused the problem (Barney and Freddie) and are now in charge of fixing it. Does this not alarm anyone but me? Seemingly, no.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
our wonderful elected officials caused the problem (Barney and Freddie) and are now in charge of fixing it. Does this not alarm anyone but me? Seemingly, no.
Yes, it does.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Seemingly, no.
I've spent the last 8 years alarmed, and 8 before that as well. Why would the next 8 be different?

Sometimes, when I get really alarmed, I go and take a nap. Then, when I wake up from that nap, I buy more wheat and shotgun shells. It helps me feel better.

·
Registered
825 Posts
To be clear I meant to say does it affect the masses. I figured most here would be on the same wavelength. But the masses have spent the last 4-5 months thinking this is the auto unions fault thanks to our ignorant media and now the last few weeks thinking it is AIGs CEO's faults for taking what Average Joe thinks is too big a bonus. Ask them about Freddie Mac and Fannie May and they have NO idea!

Fourboxes is right. This problem has been more than 8 years, about 16 to be exact, in the making. Again research the Mac and Mays. I've never considered stocking up on shitty shells though. I normally buy a gun and more center fire ammo. I have a few shottys so maybe it is time to fatten the ammo cache some more.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Anyone else ready for a Hipoint Tea party?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Anyone else ready for a Hipoint Tea party?
I'm not throwing my Hipoint into the harbor!
Really, I'd expect better from you thadius.
Let me rephrase a tea party attended by us hipoint lovers. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts