AIM Surplus SS109

Discussion in 'Caliber Zone' started by Branth, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Branth

Branth Member

2. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    I like them, too. I about drooled when I saw that add in my email. If I didn't already have a sizable supply of 5.56 and .223, I would have jumped on it just because it is such a good price. Just under $.40 per round is pretty good when you look at how it is packaged.

3. GLUGLUG

GLUGLUG Supporting Member

NC
    The ZQI stuff they sell at Mallwart for $9.95 for 30 rounds is SS109. Its great for the price. .30 a round is hard to beat and it's not green tip or well known/ advertised.

4. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Just wandered through both of my Wally worlds and found both of them stuffed to the gills with SS109 for $8.97/ box with no bag limit. I love arguing with the associates about the 10pm cut off for ammo sales. They try to say it's NYS law and I just start ripping in to them. Nobody can quote the statute because there isn't one. Tonight the manager recognized me and just said, "I don't want to hear it tonight. We know it's not a law, we say that to people so they leave us alone. It's just company policy." I just laughed and wandered off.

5. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

That's about 42¢ per round which is okay but my friend was able to get more Lake city ss109 250 rd count loose bulk for 53¢ per rd the other day which is a good price considering the m855/ss109 panic

Right now I'm getting from CTD some SSA Sierra otm 77 grain MK262 mod 1 or some mk318 mod 1ammo . M855 or ss109 is more of a hard target style ammo that won't fragment on impact. So on soft targets is will almost always be a thru & thru wound . This was noticed in Afghanistan by our troops even with the updated m855a1 ammo . And the reason why the military adopted the use of mk262 or mk318