Airsoft Gun Rails

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by 47_MasoN_47, Feb 1, 2008.

1. 47_MasoN_47

47_MasoN_47 You know who I am Member

I was digging through some of my old airsoft stuff getting ready to sell some of it and stumbled across an old MP5 that had 2 screw on picatinny rails. They look just a tad bit longer than the ones that ATI makes for their stock, and don't have the little riser piece underneath. Do you guys thing they would still work anyway?

Here's the ATI ones from CTD.
    [​IMG]

Here are some pics of the ones I found.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What do you guys think? Also, if anybody that has the rails could get me a measurement on how much space is between the screw holes on those I'd appreciate it, just in case these don't work I don't wanna have a gaping hole in my stock.

Thanks as always!

2. s0b3

s0b3 Member

they aluminum or polymer? also what do you plan to mount on them? if they're polymer you could mount a flashlight but i wouldn't mount a bipod or forward grip on it.

3. 47_MasoN_47

They are made out of some lightweight plastic. I was gonna use one for a flashlight and one for a bipod.

Do you think they might break with a heavy attachment?

4. s0b3

s0b3 Member

i think polymer would be more likely to break under load. i know people had problems with the first samco ar15 handguards with rails. the polymer rails would sometimes break with a forward grip.

5. Flashlight should be fine, not sure about bipod. One way to find out. If you break one, then the most your out is a rail you didn't use.

6. 47_MasoN_47

Hmm I may just go ahead and buy the ATI ones from Benny when I order my bipod. I just bought a $90 adjustable trigger and a replacement retaining plate for my GP WASR though so it'll be next week at least before I get em.