Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I have to say is wow! I got the ATI stock in the mail and picked it up out of the box and it just felt SO right!! Then I go to install it.. No Good! I had to so a little filing on the front holes and then actually sand down the bottom of the receiver cover itself just to get it to sit lower. So I got it all installed and I think it looks great!! Now I just need to get it to the range...

Plus side - The mag actually drops when I press the release button, it didn't on the original stock (it almost seemed warped)

Negative side - It still looks like its missing somthing.. Maybe I need to paint the whole gun now.. I am really liking the green and black themes.. I would scope it but then it wouldn't fit in my gun case that I have for it :(

Other side - I also got the ATI tactical butt pad and the fitment is horrible, worse that the gun to the stock fitment!!! I will probably end up taking that back off...

Also ATI forgot to give me the screw that holds that small square piece of plastic behind the receiver so I went to the hardware store and they had nothing smaller than #8 in painted screws.. So I used a brass screw and it actually livened up the back of the stock haha!!!

(side note, I also picked up a new Ruger 10/22 from Walmart 2 days ago for $229.99 :) Gun shops were asking in the high $200's to low $300's for them, then I scoped it for an extra $30..)

·
Registered
59 Posts
cool. i just went through the same trouble with mine. I still have to take it back apart again and do more sanding. Its frustrating but i think its worth it. Congrats on the Ruger 10/22, that's the next gun i am getting for sure.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
I like my Ugly Cool Stock, You would think that ATI would get it right as far as the fit of the stock. I purchased an ATI stock some years ago for my Marlin 22, and it was more trouble that what it was worth to make it fit......

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
All I have to say is wow! I got the ATI stock in the mail and picked it up out of the box and it just felt SO right!!
I felt the same way when mine came in the mail a few weeks ago. Now I just have to get the gun off lay-away so I can meld the two together... I am getting sick of chasing the kids around the house with the empty ATI stock while making machine gun sounds. lol!!

Don't let em fool ya... the kids love it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
side note, I also picked up a new Ruger 10/22 from Walmart 2 days ago for $229.99 :) Gun shops were asking in the high $200's to low $300's for them, then I scoped it for an extra $30..

Your walmart sells guns?? 229$ for a ruger 10/22?????? my gander Mtn sells them for 129.99, I don't get it...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just bought my first HiPoint 995 as well and I also purchased the ATI replacement stock and tactical butt pad. I found that if I backed the screws off a little on the plate that holds the butt pad the fit was much better. Still really had to work it on though :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.