AK-47 Factory in US.

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by OldOutlaw, Jan 28, 2016.

1. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

2. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I hope they get the plant finished, before somebody puts a BAN on them?

3. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
  4. OldOutlaw

Kalashnikov USA is a US company. Always has been. They are the ones who originally only imported the Kalashnikov rifles. If these are banned, all AR's will be also.

5. OldOutlaw

As I read it, this will make a lot of US parts available eventually also.

6. slade601

slade601 Member

As far as I've heard they're simply using the name. That being the only the connection.

7. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Why are there more than a few gun makers in Florida?:confused:

Seems like there would be places with cheaper labor, better access to materials, and maybe better laws about commerce, taxation, etc?

Or am I wrong, and those are all great there?

Honest question, I'm not trying to dis Florida.

8. undeRGRound

INDY
    Cuban Refugees are very good at making Guns it seems! ;)

IDK, good question.

9. OldOutlaw

As far as I know, they don't have any State Taxes. Gun friendly state. Labor available.
    Good for many companies.

10. MadJack

MadJack Supporting Member

Old Outlaw is correct, no state taxes, labor is readily available and easy access for commerce. There are very nice tax breaks for upstart companies and new manufacturing.

11. FirearmFanatic

FirearmFanatic "The Enabler!"

No state taxes as in sales tax or income tax? I am just curious.

12. nitrous_bob

nitrous_bob lazy city worker Member

There's actually a lot of US manufacturers already. Heck even back in the day B west in Tucson AZ starting making them. Like most though, they were using demilled Chinese kits from brand new rifles that got cut up. The RAS47 is all US made, so is the c39, and some stuff from IO inc
    I'm still a fan of decent post ban rifles tho, not the kit guns necessarily, but the MAK's, SAR's and MAADI's or anything like that. Just neutered for import after 1989.
    But hey, a new plant is ALWAYS good for the sport and the 2nd amendment. These days something as simple as a plant OPENING , rather than CLOSING..... Is a good thing

13. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I looked it up. 6% sales tax, no individual income tax, 5.5% tax on businesses, although we all know that is negotiable and fluid based on a lot of things.

That's relatively decent.

Also very attractive since the owner can hire himself, pay himself most of the profits as a salary and pay no tax on the income, the business calls it an expense, and thus shows very little income for the business to pay tax on.;)

Yeah, I know that's the edge of the law...but that's how the game works.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  14. FirearmFanatic

FirearmFanatic "The Enabler!"

Thanks ajole! :)

15. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Nice!! Just over two hours from my Florida home.

Yes there are many US AK manufacturers, but none of them are called Kalashnikov!!

16. OldOutlaw

And these will be made of all new US parts. Not bastardized like the ones we typically see.

Kalashnikov had a couple at their 2015 Shot Show booth. Some guys that looked at them were awed by them.

17. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

OK, educate me.

I thought that one of "the best things" about the AK design was its simplicity. Such a simple design with very few, easily made, parts that a barrel of monkeys could build them on machines salvaged from a pre-War Honda factory.

So what's the big deal about who's name is stamped on it? What am I missing?

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

18. diamondrattler

diamondrattler Member

I am sure Obama will try an executive order and congress will be afraid to be called racist to call him on it.

19. undeRGRound

INDY
    HI N.B.!!!
    :D
    :welcome:BACK nitrous_bob!!!

...which is a +

:welcome:diamondrattler!!!