Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This happened about 30 minutes from where I live.

http://www.theithacajournal.com/article/20090323/NEWS01/90323002

Not to mention that fact that the SKS on the top is NY rifle compliant (with the exception of the high capacity magazine) but look at the man power and time they put in to this. Imagine the drug dealers they could have captured or actual crimes that could have been solved.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Moved to the Dark Room. Being that this is a new section of the forum, it will take some time for members to get used to.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Moved to the Dark Room. Being that this is a new section of the forum, it will take some time for members to get used to.
Dang Primal
You must be excited about your new duty station, it sort of sounds like you're calm and understanding.

NOTE - This is not a personal attack, just a sort of fun ribbing along the lines of titanium firing pins and such.

·
Registered
438 Posts
The problem with New York State is that we have NYC, and NYC does a good job of running Albany.
If we (the upstaters) didn't have to deal with the bullstuff that happens in "The City," we'd have much more 2A-friendly laws.
As one of my CCW instructors put it, "we live in Gun Country up here."

-Sifrid

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
In PA it's Philly trying to call the shots.

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not passing judgement till I see those videos.
That's how I feel too. The press release said that they were threatening individuals. But users on the website claimed it was in response to threats from others. There is always more to the story, but I was disappointed by the media involvement and the amount of energy wasted.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Dang Primal
You must be excited about your new duty station, it sort of sounds like you're calm and understanding.

NOTE - This is not a personal attack, just a sort of fun ribbing along the lines of titanium firing pins and such.
You are totally right .45ACP, that's exactly what I was thinking. Every new thing has a break in period. The Dark Rooms aren't any different.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Dang Primal

You are totally right .45ACP, that's exactly what I was thinking. Every new thing has a break in period. The Dark Rooms aren't any different.
Just kidding Primal.
Anytime I did bring something to your attention in pm you did at least consider it. Took you awhile to calm down once in awhile but you always considered the viewpoints and acted fairly.
That's why I voted for you as a favorite mod.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
There are a lot of things in this life, .45ACP, that I don't understand. One thing I do understand is being hard on principle value, but fair about concequences. That is a theory of life that I try to uphold in my daily dealings, and something that has served me well in my career as a Moderator first, and then now as an Admin.

I won't lie to anybody, for any reason, at any time. Yeah, I admit that I don't have the best of tempers, especially when I feel someone is being intentionally dense. *This is a generalized example, not in any way an attack on any particular person or situation.* However, I still have to force myself to step back and give them the benifit of the doubt, as sometimes in my own life, that benifit was sometimes a luxury I was never afforded.

Make sense?

·
Registered
959 Posts
Add New York to the list of states in which I will not live.
it's already on my list, which includes 48 States... each one besides Georgia and Tennessee.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I think that the two guy shouldn't have threatened there community, especially on-line where everyone can see it.

Also........That was a gross use of force and tax payers dollars to take those kinds of measures to exact a search warrant for siezure of two guns on people who were probably of no actuall threat in the first place

·
Registered
850 Posts
I can't imagine wasting that much time, money, and manpower to seize two guns. How many more do you guys think are in the area with AKs? That just seems really excessive to me.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I live in NY, and this article is hilarious. 2 AK-47's, and 1 with a bayo? Really? I only see one, and then an SKS.

The SKS is illegal the way it sits in that pic by NY laws... on top of that it is not 922r compliant. That WASR on the other hand "should" not be illegal. You CAN still buy them here, and that article is full of crap. The only thing that would maybe make it illegal is if that mag is post ban.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Add New York to the list of states in which I will not live.
it's already on my list, which includes 48 States... each one besides Georgia and Tennessee.
I dont know man Im not seeing a lot of difference in any of the Southern States until you hit the Carolinas, they are all relatively friendly. I have no illusions about it staying that way though. Honestly Alaska is starting to look real good down the road but we are running out of places to live.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
We're sorry! Page not found.
The page you are looking for on our site could not be found. The reason may be:

• Our recent redesign of ithacajournal.com. Our previous page links may no longer be valid due to the recent web site update. Please visit our homepage to learn more about our new site, or search our Site Map page for the item you're looking for.
• A typing error. If you typed the link into the address bar, please check for typos or stray spaces.
• A "dead link." If you were already visiting our new site and reached this page by clicking a link there, please contact us at [email protected] and let us know where you found the "dead" link so we can correct it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.