Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In no way am I bashing Ak's or Ar's but what I've been seeing recently is just silly. I'm talking about people that had no interest in assault style rifles until they heard that they may not be allowed to have them. If you owned an Ak or Ar before all this ban talk then my rant doesn't apply to you. I have a not so close friend that recently purchased a Remington R-15. Before this purchase and potential ban the only firearm he owned was a Ruger 10-22. Now he knows everything about Ar's and assault rifles and how his rights are being taken away. I in no way support a weapons ban but I do think some people should stop acting like children. Don't go out and buy something just cause someone said you can't have it. If they put a ban on black powder rifles they would be flying off the shelves. Don't buy into all the hype. Save your money and buy something you really want and can use. If you really do want an Ak or Ar just wait and the price will go down when their not popular anymore. Like I said before I'm not putting down these rifles. I myself would like to own an Ar style rifle but only when all the hype dies down and I can get a real opinion on one. Thanks for reading.

·
1,806 Posts
I kind of agree with you. There's so many more instant authorities on them now days.

·
Premium Member
35,671 Posts
Don't buy into all the hype. Save your money and buy something you really want and can use. If you really do want an Ak or Ar just wait and the price will go down when their not popular anymore.
How do you do that, if the ban actually banned them?

Not that it does, as written....but if/when the NEXT one does, what will those guns be worth then?

·
1,806 Posts
That's a good point Ajole. The thing I agree with is the instant experts that emerge. But then again there's always one of those guys in the motor pool.

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
I've had my light barrel AR for about 2 years now and was just about to build another as a heavy barrel. So I'll be waiting on that one I guess because I'm not paying the prices they are going for now. Even with that I'm still fine with the crazy buying. It better supports the industry and shows that the majority likes them. Only two things really show support in the government and that's money and votes.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
How do you do that, if the ban actually banned them?

Not that it does, as written....but if/when the NEXT one does, what will those guns be worth then?
Banning the transfer or sale of anything will only create a black market. Look what happened during Prohibition. Prohibition in the United States was a national ban on the sale, manufacture, and transportation of alcohol. Private ownership and consumption of alcohol was not made illegal. Exactly the same wording in the proposed bill (substitute assault weapons for alcohol). It will never pass as written.

If & when anything is passed, it won't be much different from the 1994 ban.

·
1,806 Posts
What ticks me off about the transfer of firearms being banned is that lots of people have heirlooms. No one wants to demil their firearms eliminating their value and making them into mantle guns. This has been in our society since its inception. I want my son to own my rifles. I want his son, if he has one, to own my rifles.

·
Premium Member
35,671 Posts
Pistol grip....check.

Evil black...check.

Result...BANNED!:p

·
Premium Member
35,671 Posts
If & when anything is passed, it won't be much different from the 1994 ban.
You may be right, but that is STILL baloney, and with no sunset, it truly IS the beginning of the end of the 2nd Amendment, and the potential of a government with too much power to ignore the people.

·
Premium Member
35,671 Posts
Mine look like a little leather bag, with a draw string at the top, can hold 50-60 rounds easy. Unfortunately, the feeding system that raises the ammo from the mag to the pouch/chamber isn't as fast and nimble as it once was, so mine would be a semi-erratic instead of a semi-auto.:(

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
...the feeding system that raises the ammo from the mag to the pouch/chamber isn't as fast and nimble as it once was, so mine would be a semi-erratic instead of a semi-auto.:(
I'm probably semi-erratic even with semi-auto!!

You may be right, but that is STILL baloney, and with no sunset, it truly IS the beginning of the end of the 2nd Amendment, and the potential of a government with too much power to ignore the people.
As usual, Congress will pass a law, leaving it to the Executive Branch to enforce it and the Supreme Court to interpret it. When the 2nd Amendment was written, it was clear to them, now, not so clear. Someday, it WILL be amended to fit an ever changing democracy. In the meantime, the outcome will not satisfy everyone. Future generations will figure out something; same as was done with slavery.

We haven't even figured out how to deal with distracted and/or drunk driving which kills more people in 1 year than all the mass shootings in 30 years.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts