AK Bullpup?

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by badman400, May 2, 2008.

1. badman400

badman400 Member

SC
    Anyone bought the AK bullpup yet? If so, how do you like it? Accurate? Easy to shoot/handle? I know it won't have a "match trigger", but the one I handled at last weekend's gun show felt pretty well balanced. 8)
    [​IMG]

2. I've wanted one since they came out but I've heard very mixed things about it. I did see the kit to convert a regular AK in to that bullpup.

I might try that since that is all Century does in the first place.

3. they are supposed to have awful triggers.

However some guys have modified their triggers so that they work better. Not sure how much success they had but read mixed things as well.

If I find one of those kits, I might get one too just to convert one of my Romys.

4. Definitely not made for a lefty. :shock:

5. elguapo

elguapo Guest

For the cost involved, I just went with a Yugo Underfolder.

6. My local gun shop has one and I have to agree with Waltham41. I know for a fact that if I let loose with one of those, my face would get the worse end of the deal, no matter where the bullets ended up. :D

7. Ari

Ari Guest

I can not see anything you are gaining. The reason army's go to bull pups is for building clearing. They can still have a full length barrel and a short weapon. To me my AK is plenty short enough to clear anything I come across, and it has a great trigger for an AK. I think that thing is more gemic then anything.

8. deaconwagers

deaconwagers Guest

i'm not digging it. awesome for clearing buildings, but why goof with an ak?

9. Because I can :!:

10. Fenix

Fenix Guest

So not much change then. I mean, they're AK's, they're meant to work, not look pretty. Of course though, I see bullpups are the solution to more velocity dependent rounds, ie. 5.56, .308, that need longs barrels for either stabilization or for burn time. But I considered the bullpup AK, its nice if it's what you're looking for. Then again, I'm just biding my time until Magpul releases their PDR (sweetness).

11. gunnut

gunnut Member

Indy
    If any one had made one for the SKS, I'd probably still have them. I think they look neat.

12. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Me too, but I hope I can afford it, as it's only 19" in length, and probably requires some sort of government tax stamp... :(
    http://www.magpul.com/pdfs/PDRtech_PR.pdf
    "Sometime in 2008" seems pretty far away at this point.

13. badman400

badman400 Member

SC
    Faxed the order for the AK Pup, some mags and a pouch, to Classic Arms this morning. They said it would probably ship today. Should have it by Monday or Tuesday.

The mad money from Uncle Sam was burnin' a hole in my pocket. 8)