AK tapco stock anyone using them

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Ari, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Ari

Ari Guest

anyone using one of these tapco stock sets on their AK? If so what do you think?

[​IMG]

2. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

i have one of their T-6 stocks on a WASR. OK but not great.

SW

3. Ari

Ari Guest

That is what I thought. I think I will just stay with my first plan and replace the stock with all new classic AK style stock. Something like this...

[​IMG]

4. Can't hide that one in a snow drift.

5. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Uraijit had a buddy who had that stock. Said right after they built it, it broke on him.

6. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

Yup, first time out, it snapped on him. It was about 30 degrees out. He thought that might have had something to do with it, but it shouldn't have broken even if it was 0 degrees out...

7. My son has a Tapco stock on his Ak (he has the full set, the stock, pistol grip, and the front handguard) but his is the ar15 style sliding stock.

We have never had a problem with it in the least. Only problem we had was the pain in the arse fitting of the front gali style hand guard.

8. Sniper 995

Sniper 995 Guest

Tapco has a lifetime warranty (just like hi-point), so if you have any problems they will "take care of you". My tapco t6 (ruger 10/22 and ak-47) stock sets are great, never a problem.

9. I dont know since I dont own one but that stock looks freakin sweet 8)

10. Thanks Sniper--I didn't know about the lifetime warranty! I may get one then. I'd like to have a folding stock on my WASR 2, but when I bought mine, the folder was $250 more.

Does anyone know if fitting is needed for a WASR 2 5.45 stamped receiver?

11. neothespian

neothespian Member

Thinking about their SKS folder for the new gun. Good to know that they got a lifetime warranty.

12. my buddy has their origional AK style on his saiga. It fits well, feels small but its not bad. Well built.