Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been doing a little reading on putting together an AK47. Any input from people here who have done this would be greatly appreciated. I've looked at the kits on several different places, different types of receivers etc. I've been a fabricator for nearly 20 years but I still think I want to buy the receiver already bent up and the rails installed, for the money why go thru the trouble. Where is the best place to buy a kit? Which one would be best for a guy on a budget who's probably gonna have to put this together over time and buy parts here and there. Is there anything to avoid? I've seen some major price differences in the kits. I'm just beginning to research the whole deal so any good advice would help.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
You have gotten into this hobby at the wrong time, I'm sorry to say.

2 years ago was the sunset of building a cheap AK hobby. Kits were 79 dollars and up with the common Romys being around 100 bux (mint ones). All the kits had intact barrels. Those days were the golden days.

Nowadays, you would be lucky to find a Romy kit under 200 dollars on the secondary market. Kits from vendors are about 200 dollars and go up from there withOUT barrels.

Sad really.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
cant you just buy an ak already made?

·
Banned
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sure, I could buy one but they are costly, and I could piece one together over time and not take such a big hit all at once. Plus I really enjoy putting things together, metal working and such.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
nah i dont blame you, but all his was starting o make me think you coudnt buy em pre-assembled anymore lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.