ALERT - 10 Round Mosin Magazine

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Zone' started by Joshua M. Smith, May 3, 2014.

1. Joshua M. Smith

Joshua M. Smith Mosin Sight Manufacturer Member

mosinmagazine.webs.com is FAKE.

It's stealing a picture from Richard. I'll be calling Brass Stacker tomorrow as they hold the patents now (Richard sold the patents to Brass Stacker and was working with them.)

There's no way this is going to be $25.

I went far enough into the website to check to be sure it was a scam (even if it's apparent from the surface.)

Related vid on YouTube:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g_b-wyTVRk[/ame]

Just a heads-up folks.

Regards,

Josh

2. madmatt45point

madmatt45point Member

Wow its not even the same rifle the other looks like a marlin .22lr

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

3. Joshua M. Smith

Joshua M. Smith Mosin Sight Manufacturer Member

It's a Savage .22 bolt action (I have one just like it) but yeah. It's a very poor video but I'm sure folks are falling for it.

Regards,

Josh

4. talon

talon the banned wagon

I'm sorry, but if someone is actually stupid enough after watching this video which clearly shows two different guns (and the fact that the magazine is half the size of the bullets shown for the Mosin) then they almost deserve to be taken advantage of.

5. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Still if somebody orders from the website and pays through Paypal it's wire fraud or summin' similar.
    Now your funny Youtube vid get's you heading to jail.

It's smart to own a gun but owning a gun doesn't make you smart :p

I'm going to sticky this for a week.

Last edited: May 3, 2014
  6. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Get the Archangel Conversion... 5 and 10 round mags

7. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    30 seconds to load 5 rounds...amazing!:rolleyes:

8. And he stacked the rims backwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

9. welderman

welderman Member

+1 AllOut. I watched him load it and wondered if he had ever even seen a Mosin loaded correctly. :eek:

10. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Plastic.... I would debate how long it would hold up on a rifle that will get abused in the woods...

11. I decided to order one of these and it's "in the mail". I'll post my impressions once it gets here.

12. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Since 90% of the guns sold today with mags are using plastic mags....I'm not sure it's even an issue.

Modern "plastics" are actually stronger than some of the metals used in the past, in various ways, in most conditions.

But a mag that's mounted solid and hangs under the stock...yeah, it better be really tough. ;)

13. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

My guns are not safe queens, some of the spots we deer hunt are thick brush where there is no way to not scratch the heck out of the stock... one spot is a cedar thicket with 4 small openings in the middle where the deer gather. Nobody else will tackle going in there but we do it... scratch city. I wear a full face shield because of branch slap back...

14. It's here. My initial impressions: After holding it in my hand, and installing it on my "Bubba Mosin", I think Mary B's concerns are very real, frankly I do not see this mag extension holding up on a Mosin getting used and abused in the woods. First off it is an extension to the mag well, not easy to pop it on and off to dump the rounds in the event you get rim lock or some other malfunction. Second, the mag's side walls are relatively thin, and even the best polymers out there will crack when impacted in cold weather or when they take a sharp, direct hit.

At the range, the mag's construction is probably no problem at all, except that -and this is very disappointing- despite watching HowlingRaven's video 3X and following their instructions to a "T", I could only manage to load seven rounds into "Bubba Mosin" not ten. :mad:

Over the weekend, I'll be pulling it off and reinstalling it on an untouched 91/30 -just to be sure that "Bubba Mosin" isn't the problem. I'll report back on Monday.

15. ArmyRover

ArmyRover Supporting Member

Archangel stock with 10 round mags will be my solution when I begin my bubba Mosin

16. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    That's what I did for one of my Mosins. And the cool thing is that it's completely reversible. The original furniture is in the original box.

It comes with a 5-rounder, but I bought an extra 5-rounder and two 10-rounders right after I got it.

Attached Files:

17. Followup on the HowlingRaven 10 round mag extension

I pulled off the mag extension and reinstalled it back onto "BubbaMosin", and very carefully loaded the rounds into it. Sure enough, I got hung up at seven rounds. This time I pushed downward into the magazine and found there was still room to go. So I wiggled the round a bit and *ta-da* it went into the magazine. End result: ten rounds into the Mosin magazine.

Cycling the action chambered and ejected all ten rounds fed perfectly.

At the range I think this we be a lot of fun; but I remain very skeptical that this is something I'd want to take out hunting. The mag extension is a bit of a PITA to remove with that little rubber thingie to lose. If you happen to not load the rounds into the gun properly and get rimlock, removing the rounds is a real chore, whereas with the original Mosin mag base you just open the bottom and the rounds pretty much fall out of their own accord.