Alien Gear makes new OWB Slide holster

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases For Sale' started by tallbump, Jun 4, 2014.

1. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Beat them too the punch announcing it here :D

http://aliengearholsters.com/index.php/holsters/alien-gear-products/aliengear-cloak-slide-owb-holster-outside-the-waistband.html

It looks real nice.

You can buy the complete set up for under $30.

Or if you already have the IWB set up, you can use your existing shell and get just the new leather and clips. That will only run you $18.

http://aliengearholsters.com/index.php/leather/owb-leather.html

If you don't have an Alien Gear holster at all, you can can the combo deal for $46. http://aliengearholsters.com/index.php/holsters/alien-gear-products/aliengear-concealed-carry-combo-holster.html

I definitely want to grab the leather ASAP to use with my existing shell. I'll be sure to write up a good review when i get it. Maybe a father's day gift to myself?

If you don't have one yet I definitely recommend Alien Gear products.

Attached Files:

2. tallbump

Come on folks, show some love. Remember, Alien Gear is now one of our sponsors.

I have been carrying my C9 all night in my IWB holster (ran out to do some grocery shopping) and just left it on. Ate dinner, took out the trash, and sat on my arse on here all evening. I sweat this holster gets more comfortable each time I wear it.

I'm sure this OWB has to be just as good

3. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

That's a funny looking Hi-Point..... :confused:

4. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

"Slightly" modded.

5. Chinto

Chinto Member

I ordered one yesterday for my Witness and extra shell for my SR9c. With the 30 day wear it trial and like it or send it back guarantee makes it easy choice. Only problem, it was stated to take 4-6 weeks to receive.

6. tallbump

Chinto, it will be worth the wait.

7. LegitCajunZombie

LegitCajunZombie Member

Hey, thinking about getting one of those or a Crossbreed IWB. I've heard the Crossbreeds are wicked comfortable, anyone own both?

8. Chinto

Chinto Member

Just received an email from The Alien that my order has been shipped. This has been 4 weeks. Should receive next week. Will report how I like it.

9. tallbump

Excellent. You got the OWB one? Let us know what you think. I want to order the leather part to use it with my existing shell from my IWB one.

10. Chinto

Chinto Member

Review of Alien Gear OWB holster

I received my new OWB holster from Alien Gear this past Saturday. It was exactly one month from time of order. I ordered it to fit my SR9c with laser-guard laser. The holster is as I expected. Materials are very much like the IWB version I already have except smaller leather and mounts with belt loops screwed on instead of clips. Nice leather and exact fitment for my Ruger. Using a stiff belt the holster stays close to body and holds the gun firmly. I have adjusted the tension so the gun has a positive retention when holding gun/holster upside down. When wearing it around the house this weekend it was very comfortable. I have not had it to the range yet, but with dry fire draw practice, draw is smooth and re-holstering is easy.

If you already have the IWB version and want the option for OWB all you need is the leather portion if you are willing to change 4 screws. All the shells match either leather.

Summary: I like it. Two thumbs up! I was wanting a OWB hybrid holster for my Ruger. The price point for the materials and workmanship makes it an outstanding value.

11. tallbump

Thanks for the review. Still trying to get the $ together to order mine