Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,081 Posts
That does NOT sound like fun!

Oreo is good in bed, just curls up against my back or side. Olivr starts by my head, wals across the pillow a few times before deciding if he want to sleep against my chest or go back to lay next to the pillow with his head on it next to mine. Oreo occasionally steps on my hip and that gets a swat from me, in between the scar tissue from the nerve sheath tumor and the fibromyalgia pressure point... it hurts!

Reactions: moona11

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
E is probably glad of that!!!

Just kidding man, get better soon!

My cat Lily likes to swat my face with her paw to wake me up, and walks on me while I'm trying to sleep. Now that my other cat Max is gone she has become the "Queen of the House" and roams wherever she wants.
Had to slurp down some hot tea with honey. But I can crook out words now. E be damnned

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
Had to slurp down some hot tea with honey. But I can crook out words now. E be damnned
With a double hernia surgery, it does take time to heal. Been there, done a double many years ago. Lotta folks seem to think it is a very minor procedure with little pain. It sure as hell isn't at times. Especially with what one has to go through even after for a bit of time.

·
Premium Member
9,238 Posts
All 4 of the cats sleep on our bed 3 on or near E. And Meow gets to cuddle with me till I'm annoyed like I said earlier. Those other keep a distance from me on the bed. E lets them crowd her. Its funny to she her curled in to little ball and them spread out. Me? I just toss and kick them out of the way and steal her extra room.
I suppose I'm a little more like E when when it comes to cats sleeping in the bed. I try not to jostle them. Granted, I never curled up in a ball when the cats slept next to me when I visited my folks' place, but I did minimize my movements after settling in.

E is probably glad of that!!!

Just kidding man, get better soon!

My cat Lily likes to swat my face with her paw to wake me up, and walks on me while I'm trying to sleep. Now that my other cat Max is gone she has become the "Queen of the House" and roams wherever she wants.
When I go hunting, I get up at 0200 to get ready to go because of the distance to the place I go. On those nights, I sleep on the couch in the living room. Our cat, if he gets bored or has eaten all of his crunchy food, bites my foot to wake me up. One night, I pulled my feet under the blanket and ignored him, so he moved up next to my head and placed his paw on the side of my scalp. He then extended his claws just enough to get a hold, but not enough to draw blood, and he slooooowwly pulled until I was forced to turn my head and acknowledge His Highness's presence. The little dude has one heck of a personality.

·
Premium Member
21,148 Posts
The redhead gemini had a male siamese tabby who hated men 'til he met me. First date I was sleeping on the couch and she was too. Her son came in and saw the cat sleeping on my hip. I had never seen the cat. I didn't know the cat was there.

He always had to be in the room when we were having sex. If we would close the door he would head butt the door and make the siamese rowl until we let him in.

When she had to go to New England to take care of her daughter after a crazy car crash he slept up by my chest every night.

Coco Bubs, great cat. He had pink eyes. Walk the dog, he would walk the neighborhood with you.

Reactions: moona11 and Rerun

·
Premium Member
2,770 Posts
The redhead gemini had a male siamese tabby who hated men 'til he met me. First date I was sleeping on the couch and she was too. Her son came in and saw the cat sleeping on my hip. I had never seen the cat. I didn't know the cat was there.

He always had to be in the room when we were having sex. If we would close the door he would head butt the door and make the siamese rowl until we let him in.

When she had to go to New England to take care of her daughter after a crazy car crash he slept up by my chest every night.

Coco Bubs, great cat. He had pink eyes. Walk the dog, he would walk the neighborhood with you.
Cats and redheads...never know when they'll strike!!!

·
Premium Member
35,667 Posts
Our cat does NOT get to sleep in our bed, and RARELY is allowed into our bedroom.

Heard some comedian ask his crowd, hey, any cat lovers here? Anyone got cats?
A few hands up, some cheers.
He says....THEN YOUR HOUSE STINKS!

I always have that one kid every year, where the cat uses the laundry basket or his closet as a pissoir, and the odor is overwhelming.
We work hard to make sure our house doesn’t smell, but I’m sure it has some odor. Actually had a visitor once, a friend, so she was probably telling the truth, when she saw the cat she was surprised...kind of blurted out, it was because our house didn’t stink.

So...hoping that’s still true.

·
Premium Member
2,770 Posts
Our cat does NOT get to sleep in our bed, and RARELY is allowed into our bedroom.

Heard some comedian ask his crowd, hey, any cat lovers here? Anyone got cats?
A few hands up, some cheers.
He says....THEN YOUR HOUSE STINKS!

I always have that one kid every year, where the cat uses the laundry basket or his closet as a pissoir, and the odor is overwhelming.
We work hard to make sure our house doesn’t smell, but I’m sure it has some odor. Actually had a visitor once, a friend, so she was probably telling the truth, when she saw the cat she was surprised...kind of blurted out, it was because our house didn’t stink.

That does bother me, that my house may stink. but I've asked those that come over and they say no. Being I semi-lost my sense of smell and taste several years ago I try to keep on top of it. The cat that recently die, if I didn't clean his box at the time of his choosing he would cut loose on the floor, only did it twice so I made a habit of cleaning the 7-day stuff in 5-6 days. Seemed to do the trick. The female Lily gets hers cleaned every Saturday...just did it actually!

·
Premium Member
9,238 Posts
The cat that recently die, if I didn't clean his box at the time of his choosing he would cut loose on the floor, only did it twice so I made a habit of cleaning the 7-day stuff in 5-6 days. Seemed to do the trick. The female Lily gets hers cleaned every Saturday...just did it actually!
We never had a cat do his business anywhere but in his box when I was growing up, and our cat is like that, too knock on wood. I heard and read from experts that cats (fixed cats without territorial or confidence issues) who do their business outside of the box are doing it because they either dislike the litter you've bought, or the box hasn't been cleaned.

His Highness's box gets scooped out every day or two. When I go into the bathroom, he'll sometimes step a foot into it and back away from it if he wants it done sooner than I would normally get to it.

·
Premium Member
9,196 Posts
Now you have gone and done it. Going to make me some hot tea and honey!

As to everybody and their cats. I like cats too, regardless of what i have said scout them. They really do taste like chicken!

(think I will have some moo goo gai pan to go with that hot tea and honey)

·
Premium Member
2,770 Posts
When I was a kid I had a cat named Jinx (of course). He crapped in my brothers slippers once and in the corner pocket of a small pool table we had LOL!!! LOL right, guess who had to clean it out 🥵

·
Premium Member
8,081 Posts

As to everybody and their cats. I like cats too, regardless of what i have said scout them. They really do taste like chicken!

you mean mew goo gai pan

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,952 Posts
Get better Moonz!! It's been a few days since I was on so hoping your past the worst of it!!

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Get better Moonz!! It's been a few days since I was on so hoping your past the worst of it!!
Im still kicking. Yesterday was the worst. This morning I feel pretty good. Still sore and tender. But Im off the pain meds and trying to get my body functioning better.

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts

Your house had no foul odor that I could detect when I visited you. I do remember the cats presence in your home as well.

Reactions: ajole

·
What the Hell was that?
674 Posts
I suppose I'm a little more like E when when it comes to cats sleeping in the bed. I try not to jostle them. Granted, I never curled up in a ball when the cats slept next to me when I visited my folks' place, but I did minimize my movements after settling in.

When I go hunting, I get up at 0200 to get ready to go because of the distance to the place I go. On those nights, I sleep on the couch in the living room. Our cat, if he gets bored or has eaten all of his crunchy food, bites my foot to wake me up. One night, I pulled my feet under the blanket and ignored him, so he moved up next to my head and placed his paw on the side of my scalp. He then extended his claws just enough to get a hold, but not enough to draw blood, and he slooooowwly pulled until I was forced to turn my head and acknowledge His Highness's presence. The little dude has one heck of a personality.
Sounds a bit like a serial killer in training. :ROFLMAO:

·
What the Hell was that?
674 Posts

Pretty good with Carolina Gold BBQ sauce too, or a bourbon marinade......:ROFLMAO:

·
What the Hell was that?
674 Posts
Im still kicking. Yesterday was the worst. This morning I feel pretty good. Still sore and tender. But Im off the pain meds and trying to get my body functioning better.
Glad to know you’re doing better. You’ll be back to “normal” in no time at this rate.:LOL:

·
Premium Member
9,238 Posts
Sounds a bit like a serial killer in training. :ROFLMAO:
It's more like training to administer torture without leaving marks. He also knows how to chew on my arm with just enough pressure to leave divots but not break the skin, all while keeping his claws retracted as he hangs on. The little dude gets easily offended and doesn't just let me walk away if I've crossed some line. Fortunately, he's easily distracted with one of the numerous cat toys we have scattered all over his feline romperoom--I mean--uh--our living room.

I guess I shouldn't have let him use my hands and feet as chew toys when he was a kitten. It's all good, though. To me, it's cute that a 14lb little fur ball has the chutzpah to go after another creature who's about 14 times his mass.

·
Premium Member
21,148 Posts
it's cute that a 14lb little fur ball has the chutzpah to go after another creature who's about 14 times his mass.
Woman gets attacked by bobcat

21 - 40 of 62 Posts