Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is all the new things I've bought since the board had it's little down time

CZ 52 w/spare mag

Nagant Pistol

Ruger P95 4 15 rd mags and a 20 rd mag. Got for $345 from a buddy who had less than 50 rounds through it. I love that trigger, it feels like silk.

Single action Plinkerton

RIA 1911

DPMS Lower (now if only I could get the rest of the parts)

And the German K98 Mauser .308

The.308 is getting the ATI stock soon

And I should be adding a Yugo SKS this weekend

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Direct from Century. Got 2 for around $160 each. I got 2 to see how they compaired condition wise. I kept the 1 that looked the best. The other had some rust and much more "silver" showing. Following C&R rule I sold it off to but the CZ. Guy I sold it to said it shoots like a dream. They were re-chambered in/for Israel

I'm embarrassed to say but the only one of these I've shot is the P95 :-[

I should be going to the range in about a week as my mother has decided to try shooting (and it will be her 1st time) so we'll at least break in the pistols.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Ah, yes, Israel. They seem to do that a lot. Should make for a good shooter. You'll really like the CZ 52. Built like a tank. Just be sure not to dry fire. Their firing pins have a bad habit of breaking if you do. I put 150 thru mine last weekend.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Nice find with that Mauser. What's the deal with Nagant Revolvers? I know nothing about them. Other than they have a nice look to them. I've noticed several people having them tho.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Honestly, I just like the looks of them, add in the $85-110 price point and it was a must have. I lucked out on mine and got a great shape one for less than I could buy it from Century (before shipping!) I was so thrilled at the deal I got on that and the CZ it wasn't 'till I got home I realizes it was DA.
Haven't shot it yet as I didn't have time to get ammo. The trigger pull is crazy. I was going to have it lightened per the article in last years "best of" shotgun news but 2 days before I picked it up my buddy at work who could do it got laid off.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Carpe- I get you on that price thing. and Yeah I like the look of them too. Looks like a mean revolver. That sux you couldn't get it done. I had a Herbert Schmidt .22 DA/SA that was a beautiful piece. It was in the box with original plastic pearl grips and a nice set of wood grips that evened the balance of it's short barrel. It had police markings and shot better than most pistols I have ever owned. It had a very hard pull weight unless you cocked the hammer back. That was hard enough to try. Unfortunately, I didn't have a copy of the serial number that wasn't with the box when the whole package just up and walked out of my garage. I would love to have it back, but the Nagant looks very similar and it would be a nice find if I came across one for that price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts