All Your .22 Are Belong To Us!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by AllOutOfAmmo, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Went to breakfast with my buddy and he needed some gun oil, so we hit walmart and I saw something I thought I'd never see again... Bricks of .22 at a decent price! They had 7, limit 3, so we both took home 3, left one all lonely. ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1414087553.923645.jpg
    $18.97/brick, 325, while that's not a great price it's certainly the best I've seen in a while and I've always had good luck with this load.

But it gets better, we went to Cabelas and they were stacked high with CCI, limit one brick, so we both got a 300rnd brick of MiniMags....

I'm quite pleased with this day, though I'm now broke once again...

.22 shoot out on Sunday!

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

2. panoz77

panoz77 Member

That's not the typical Federal bulk pack stuff, so I guess the higher price reflects that it is Federal Auto Match "Target Grade Performance".

3. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    AOOA....you suck!

And you need to change your user name.:p

4. Branth

Branth Member

Slowly but surely, it's coming back... Now if only pistol powder and .22 would shot up on my local store shelves!

5. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Local WalMart got in 4 1k round boxes of winchester yesterday and the guy said it was gone in 30 minutes. Said the local slime bucket who is reselling it online got it all by having friends buy it with money he handed out. Guys like that should be banned from buying more than once a month

6. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    As long as idiots buy from them, these dirt bags will keep doing it.

7. I was so happy to find it, I have no intentions of selling or hoarding it, I keep a reasonable stash, as everyone should, but I intend on shooting all this, and having a blast... Pun intended.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

8. GlocKen40

GlocKen40 Member

I stopped into Cabelas a couple of weeks ago just on the chance they might have some powder and low and behold they had a rack full of Blazer 22's :eek:
    Bulk pack of 500 for $24.99, limit 1. Wife was with me, score 1000 rounds.
    Had never used any of these before but they have run super in my S&W 22a.
    I think they are starting to "come back". Maybe the resellers are not doing well anymore and giving up the biz. Around here the local forums are kicking gougers off, guns and ammo.

9. I call it refreshing my stash, I shoot them up when I have them and buy whenever I can to replenish, that way I always have something to shoot
    not like the old days if you ran out go to a dealer and buy more when you ran out.

10. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

At the last gun show that I went to a lot of booths had .22 bulk packs of various brands and they were still asking 50 to 70 bucks a brick, and you know what? by the second day they still had it all, no one was buying it at those prices. Earlier in the year they couldn't sell it fast enough. I do believe it is coming back around and the Tullip-o-mania is waning. Thank goodness.

11. My local wally world had tons of .22 standard velocity 3 box max., but both my pistol (GSG 1911) and my semi auto rifle have trouble cycling that stuff. When I can find Hi V, I try to grab up a brick or two. I usually just wait for free shipping sales online. I have enough to last me for a while... Or a short war...

12. HP/C9/45ACP

HP/C9/45ACP Member

Under 6c per round, sure beats 10c+ per round most online dealers and gougers are selling it for, but still nearly double the pre scare cost. The last 2 cases of 525 bulk pack I bought prior to the shortage cost me 3.2c per round. Even though I had a good supply on hand going into the shortage I've tried to be conservative, to make it last until available again. When/if things get back to normal I need to replenish what I've shot. I've decided that during good times I'm going to try to keep a minimum of 1 case on hand at all times so when/if this happens again I'm not caught high and dry. Being that most of my rifles/pistols are .22 that's what I shoot the most of. Also being disabled and not having a significant amount of income, it doesn't hurt that it's the cheapest thing I can shoot. A couple weeks ago I sent an email to the supplier (sporting goods store) I was buying cases from prior to the shortage to see if he had any .22 since he hadn't had it listed on his web site. His response was no .22 and didn't know when he'd get any. I don't think he's had any listed on the web site in over a year.

13. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

It's been so long since I've seen a $20 bill, that I had to look it up on wikipedia just to remember what one looks like....... :(

14. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Here's hoping the LPS (pawn) loses their @$$ soon, or at least their gouging distributor who they say charges them $8 a box of 50 rounds :mad:

Here's a pic for AOOA that I need to photo-chop to say what his thread title says :D

Attached Files: